all threads All Threads ›› Adeste - 'In Parables' ›› new reply Post Reply
joe vena

BODYROTT
4,621 Posts
30/M/PA

offline     (6)
February 2 2011 5:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
So when I threw on “In Parables” by Adeste, a six-piece group from the sunlit tourist trap of Orland...

click for full review
Siguros
Time Husk
14 Posts
28/M/NA

February 17 2011 3:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Joe you clearly don't like this band, and this isn't a fair review at all.
From reading your other reviews you are very critical on music that you don't personally appreciate, but review post-rock 5.0 regardless of how great it is.

Take for example Dorena - About Everything And More. That album is pretty good, but not every track on there is outstanding, sometimes they leave you wanting more and are just boring, yet you give it a 5/5.

Adeste have brought something new to the table, pretty much all bands nowadays are opting for the hardcore scene full of breakdowns, whichis lame! If you go play the album again 10 times you'll understand that it's genius, it's not just breakdowns, shit chord progressions and a flavour of ambience... It's a paced album that sets you on an adventure for redemption. Take a long walk and listen to the album, you'll appreciate it then.

Bad review, bad reviewer.
xAJDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
42,293 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (5)
February 17 2011 3:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Oh hey look, a guy in a band that got a bad review showing up to defend his band.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,883 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
actually, this is a great, detailed review, and i'm pretty sure you're just butthurt.
emogeddon
TIGHTDICKPLAYA
24,550 Posts
43/M/PA

offline     (1)
Originally posted by: Siguros

Joe you clearly don't like this band, and this isn't a fair review at all.
From reading your other reviews you are very critical on music that you don't personally appreciate, but review post-rock 5.0 regardless of how great it is.

Take for example Dorena - About Everything And More. That album is pretty good, but not every track on there is outstanding, sometimes they leave you wanting more and are just boring, yet you give it a 5/5.

Adeste have brought something new to the table, pretty much all bands nowadays are opting for the hardcore scene full of breakdowns, whichis lame! If you go play the album again 10 times you'll understand that it's genius, it's not just breakdowns, shit chord progressions and a flavour of ambience... It's a paced album that sets you on an adventure for redemption. Take a long walk and listen to the album, you'll appreciate it then.

Bad review, bad reviewer.

i guess you don't understand that what you may like is not what joe likes.

just because you disagree doesn't make it a bad review.
xAJDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
42,293 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (5)
February 17 2011 3:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cbrickhouse

actually, this is a great, detailed review, and i'm pretty sure you're just butthurt.

I would say its one of the best written reviews i've read on here.
Siguros
Time Husk
14 Posts
28/M/NA

February 17 2011 3:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
oh you guys, this website is full of fail.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,883 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
February 17 2011 3:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
because we don't agree with you? lol
Siguros
Time Husk
14 Posts
28/M/NA

February 17 2011 3:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
because you're the owner, and you're being a fucking douche... get some manners.
xAJDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
42,293 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (5)
February 17 2011 3:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

oh you guys, this website is full of fail.

Can you send me a mediafire link to your album? Im a ridiculously huge post hardcore fan, and seeing how your user name is a misspelled version of my favorite band, maybe we are more alont the same wavelength. I am also a reviewer here, and will re-review the album if my opinion differs from Joes.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,883 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
February 17 2011 3:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

because you're the owner, and you're being a fucking douche... get some manners.

how am i being a giant douche for agreeing with a reviewer?
emogeddon
TIGHTDICKPLAYA
24,550 Posts
43/M/PA

offline     (1)
February 17 2011 3:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

i guess we have to be all sunshine and bunnies and welcome all people, even though they came off as a douche first?

mmmkay.
Siguros
Time Husk
14 Posts
28/M/NA

February 17 2011 3:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: xAJexDELAWAREx

Can you send me a mediafire link to your album? Im a ridiculously huge post hardcore fan, and seeing how your user name is a misspelled version of my favorite band, maybe we are more alont the same wavelength. I am also a reviewer here, and will re-review the album if my opinion differs from Joes.

AJ, I don't know why you have the idea that I'm in this band... If you take a look at my profile you'll see that I'm not even from the same Country. And yes my name is a misspelt version of Sigur Ros, why would I go and use the band name as my Username? They are also one of my favourite bands.

I'm not here to be a dick head, I'm just saying there's no point in slaughtering a band just because you're not a fan of what they produce. People slate The Beatles, but they keep it to themselves... People like the album, I like the album.

If you really want to create a website that's just for hating on bands you don't like why not call it anythingwedontlikekiller?
emogeddon
TIGHTDICKPLAYA
24,550 Posts
43/M/PA

offline     (1)
February 17 2011 3:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

If you really want to create a website that's just for hating on bands you don't like why not call it anythingwedontlikekiller?

why don't you read some of the other reviews where we praise albums before you say that?

we get these things to review at random and are objective for the most part. every now and again, something we don't like slips in. it's life and if you can't accept that, you may as well log out and not come back.
Siguros
Time Husk
14 Posts
28/M/NA

February 17 2011 3:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: eddie.

i guess we have to be all sunshine and bunnies and welcome all people, even though they came off as a douche first?

mmmkay.

And if you take a minute to realise I was not harshly giving my feedback on a review... which is what? Feedback.
So no I wasn't being the douche first.

"Adeste, in a move that could effortlessly be compared to not only instantly swerving a fast-moving car full of family members one hundred and eighty degrees in the opposite direction without any warning or provocation, but also driving it off a cliff, surviving and pissing on the remains, start playing some seriously corny and generic Rise Records-esque mallcore crap." That is what you call being a douche.
Siguros
Time Husk
14 Posts
28/M/NA

February 17 2011 3:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cbrickhouse

how am i being a giant douche for agreeing with a reviewer?

Stating that I'm butthurt? When all I was doing was disagreeing with a reviewer.
all threads All Threads ›› Adeste - 'In Parables' ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Adeste - 'In Parables'

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?