forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Food and Exercise Log ›› new reply Post Reply
Yodel Toast

que te follen
20,134 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (14)
March 22 2011 2:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I recently began using one of these to figure out my eating patterns/habits and to see what I am lacking in my diet and what I can getting too much of so I can start taking vitamins and cut things out that I don't need.

I realized that there is so much sodium in food that before when I was thinking that I was doing good at 1200-1300 calories per day, I was also taking in 4000mgs of sodium. fuck.

I plan to keep using it because I figure that by being more self aware, I will eat better and stay on track with my eating and fitness goals.

Has anyone used one of these before? Were you successful in getting what you wanted out of using it? Also, what are some good sites or apps I can use to get nutrional values of foods?
WREN
Pulp Free
52,134 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (19)
March 22 2011 2:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I do it when I'm training for something. Half of my cutting weight comes from calorie counting and nutrient awareness. I should do it more outside of just those reasons but I make it more of a mental note type of thing during the off training periods.
Peter SteeleyDan
HatesMostThings
19,189 Posts
M/NA

offline   (1)
March 22 2011 2:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Its kinda scary really, how much sodium is in food. Kinda grosses me out when you see someone eating salty foods and they dump a shit load of salt on top of it from a shaker.
Yodel Toast
que te follen
20,134 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (14)
March 22 2011 2:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
the biggest problem I see is with those lean cuisines and healthy choice meals. Yeah they are 220 calories but they have 1800mg of sodium. jesucristo!
WREN
Pulp Free
52,134 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (19)
March 22 2011 2:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Most pre-packaged shit is loaded with sodium. it's all in the sauce.

It's cheaper to get those things but it's definitely a better idea to make a big batch on Sunday and spread it out through a few days. What you'll make will have significantly less sodium.
deadlift
sees air
15,543 Posts
64/M/NA

offline   (18)
March 22 2011 2:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
How tall are you and how much do you weigh? if you don't mind me asking.
Peter SteeleyDan
HatesMostThings
19,189 Posts
M/NA

offline   (1)
March 22 2011 2:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Alot of fruits and vegetables, Cambells healthy request soups, I think they are 800-900 for a pretty decent serving of soup. Cook up some grilled chicken salads at home, better then lean cuisines
carcarodoncarcharias
Time Husk
1,897 Posts
7/F/NA

offline  mobile reply 
March 22 2011 2:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Ive been using an app on my phone called myfitnesspal. Has a huge database of foods with nutrition information so all you have to do is search and add and its easy to keep track of what youve consumed and what you have left for the day according to your goal. Also has a database for various exercises to track calories burned. It definitely helps as far as motivation to make good food choices when you can see it spelled out for you.
hesinparties
bloodthirst
2,946 Posts
11/M/NA

offline   (10)
March 22 2011 2:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: charizard

Ive been using an app on my phone called myfitnesspal.

checking this out now

I don't think they will have a serving size for Primo's though. Hopefully, large and extra delicious is a choice.
deadlift
sees air
15,543 Posts
64/M/NA

offline   (18)
March 22 2011 2:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
take those databases of exercise to gauge how much you have burned during exertion with a grain of salt because those things do not take into account body fat % to muscle ratios and a ton of other things.. it's like using the calories burned on a treadmill ... they are pretty useless.
Yodel Toast
que te follen
20,134 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (14)
March 22 2011 2:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: deadlift

5'3' and about 140-145 it fluctuates.

I will def check out myfitnesspal for the nutrional data. As for calories burned during exercise, I have my own way of figuring that out.
deadlift
sees air
15,543 Posts
64/M/NA

offline   (18)
March 22 2011 2:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Yodel Toast

Originally posted by: deadlift

5'3' and about 140-145 it fluctuates.

I will def check out myfitnesspal for the nutrional data. As for calories burned during exercise, I have my own way of figuring that out.

You have a sedentary job right? How often do you exercise and when you exercise does it include weight training or just cardio?
Yodel Toast
que te follen
20,134 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (14)
March 22 2011 2:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I have 2 sedentary jobs

I go to the gym 3-4 times per week and do 45-60 min of cardio and do weights 2-3 times a week after I do my cardio for about 30 minutes.
(keep in mind, this is a new routine for me, I just joined a gym like 2 weeks ago)

I also play dance party for at least an hour just about 4 nights a week on xbox kinect, and that kicks my ass.
deadlift
sees air
15,543 Posts
64/M/NA

offline   (18)
March 22 2011 3:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm guessing you're trying to lose fat. That is too much cardio to tell you the truth, you don't really need to do anything more than 20 minutes if you're doing it at a somewhat respectable pace. As you probably already know, what you put in your mouth is most important when it comes to losing fat (notice I say fat and not weight). 85% what you eat, 10% weight training, and 5% cardio is how I like to break it down. Of course you are going to have to ramp up some form of cardio when you get into the lower bodyfat percentages to shed those last few pounds of fat, but most people are not and will not ever be at that level.

My wife weighs 145lbs and is 5'7 and she cuts fat eating 1800 calories and it's very effective. She trains with me 5 nights a week and she does cardio only on the weekends for 15 minutes which consists of running hills. I would bump your intake up to atleast 1500 and monitor that for a while and see how your body reacts to that because if you drop too low your body will panick, and hold onto the fat and not get rid of it like you want.

Also, do yourself a favor and throw away the scale. Take measurements with a tape measure and go off of that and the mirror. Or you can just go by how your clothing fits. The scale can give you the wrong idea and can really bum you out considering how much weight fluctuates throughout the day. If you HAVE to have a scale... take measurements once a week, in the morning after you use the restroom.

If you want me to I can go into much more detail about what to eat and all of that jazz I'll be glad to help out.
Yodel Toast
que te follen
20,134 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (14)
March 22 2011 3:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I don't own a scale, haha. I figured it out a long time ago when I weighed 145 and my body fat percentage was obcenely low because I was pole-vaulting and training 6 hours a day. I tend to think that BMI is nonsense.

I didn't think it was possible to do too much cardio, I love the elliptical and I love dance party, hahaha. I would love to hear more if you are willing to impart more advice, especially about weight training. I'll pm you my email address, as I cannot post on the boards all that often since my boss flipped on me when I was lurking Shermz's sexy thread a month or so back.

I need to take measurements again, I used to do that but I got lazy with keeping up with it.
CorrineShort
Time Husk
5 Posts
21/F/NA

February 8 2017 11:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Food and exercises matter a lot to stay fit.
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› Food and Exercise Log ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Food and Exercise Log

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?