forum Politics and Society ›› President Trump ›› new reply Post Reply
A Message to you
brew for breakfast
2,315 Posts
41/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (54)
July 11 2017 9:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Haha, we have all lived to see life imitate satire!
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
37,624 Posts
31/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (11)
July 23 2017 11:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Precedent stump lol
Russhington D.C.
swallows loads
218 Posts
20/F/NA

August 12 2017 11:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Russhington D.C.
swallows loads
218 Posts
20/F/NA

August 12 2017 11:36 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
August 13 2017 9:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Trump says there is violence on many sides. Yes, violent resistance to white supremacists and nazis. If you can't get behind that, then you either haven't paid attention to what these people do when they get any power or you simply don't care.. which makes you just as bad as them.

Fuck Nazi Sympathy.
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
37,624 Posts
31/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (11)
August 15 2017 1:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
That's obviously a retweet, you stupid idiot. You absolute moron
Russhington D.C.
swallows loads
218 Posts
20/F/NA

August 17 2017 8:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cbrickhouse

We are living in a man in the high tower/onion hybrid

Records Reveal Donald Trump's father Fred Trump arrested at 1927 KKK riot in Queens, New York

Dickscraper
dickacraper
25,608 Posts
30/M/IL

offline   (11)
August 17 2017 8:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I can think of a few differences though.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
25,608 Posts
30/M/IL

offline   (11)
August 17 2017 8:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Also I love the "etc" after all those notable historical figures as if there's a structure to the list that can easily be finished.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
25,608 Posts
30/M/IL

offline   (11)
August 17 2017 8:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Also Napoleon is spelled wrong.
blackeyes
100%
46,976 Posts
31/M/AK

offline  mobile reply   (3)
August 17 2017 10:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Shaka Zulu Washington
Russhington D.C.
swallows loads
218 Posts
20/F/NA

August 18 2017 10:30 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
'Naked Donald Trump' artist assaulted by Trump supporter

An artist who drew a nude portrait of President Donald Trump was beaten up by one of the Republican’s supporters.

The artwork, which showed Trump with a micropenis, went viral earlier this year.

She said the attack happened in Los Angeles, near her home, and added that she has reported it to local authorities.

“Today I was punched in the face by a man who got out of his car and yelled, "Trump 2016!" in Los Angeles, just days after I returned home from London just down the road from my house. Though I encourage passion, opinion and emotion, especially though art, I think violence is disgusting. To live in a place where Facebook has given my address to an anonymous third party makes me feel like I am homeless again. This type of violence makes creatives feel like we live in a world where our individual creative input isn't safe. I am sad that this is the state of our America right now. I am sad that Trump, and many of his supporters, don't find words enough to express their opinions - they need walls, waterboarding and punches. @realdonaldtrump Please stop glamorizing and perpetuating violence. Make America Decent Again! #makeamericadecentagain No, they have not been caught, and the men drove off laughing. A detailed police report has been filed."

"'Art is the lie that allows us to see the truth.' Pablo Picasso. I am not deterred by this. Thanks for everyone's support. If anyone saw anything on La Cienega on Friday, please let the local authorities know. Black Honda Civic with a group of people in the car."

Russhington D.C.
swallows loads
218 Posts
20/F/NA

August 18 2017 1:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Russhington D.C.

Originally posted by: cbrickhouse

We are living in a man in the high tower/onion hybrid

Trump’s personal lawyer sends white nationalism talking points email to conservative journalists & government officials

lol

also

How Confederate Monuments Were Built to Change History, Not Preserve It

"Two understandings of how the Civil War should be remembered collided in post-bellum America. One was the “emancipationist” vision hinted at by Lincoln in the Gettysburg Address when he spoke of the war as bringing a rebirth of the Republic in the name of freedom and equality. The other was a “reconciliationist” memory that emphasized what the two sides shared in common, particularly the valor of individual soldiers, and suppressed thoughts of the war’s causes and the unfinished legacy of Emancipation. By the end of the 19th century, in a segregated society where blacks’ subordination was taken for granted in the North and South, “the forces of reconciliation” had “overwhelmed the emancipationist vision.” Another way of putting it is that the Confederacy lost the war on the battlefield but won the war over memory.

… Rather than the crisis of a nation divided by antagonistic exploitative labor systems and ideologies, the war became a 'tragic conflict that nonetheless accomplished the task of solidifying the nation'. With Reconstruction having ended in 1877, another invented memory – how the South had suffered under what was called 'Negro rule' – was widely accepted among Northern and Southern whites. The abandonment of the nation’s commitment to equal rights for former slaves was the basis on which former white antagonists could unite in the romance of reunion.

Blacks were not the only ones forgotten in this story. Gen. James Longstreet, the Confederate commander who had the temerity to support the rights of former slaves after the war, was excised from the pantheon of Southern heroes. No monuments to Longstreet graced the Southern landscape; indeed, not until 1998 was a statue erected at Gettysburg, where he served under Robert E. Lee.

The South may have lost the Civil War, but it won the battle over how it would be remembered. The statue of Lee that brought white supremacists to Charlottesville last weekend wasn’t built to commemorate the Confederacy’s loss, but Jim Crow’s triumph. Few modern conservatives would defend the statue on the grounds that the resilience of white supremacy in the post-bellum South is worthy of glorification. But they will appeal to the fraudulent history that was written to abet that resilience.

Lee was not an opponent of slavery; as a slave owner he routinely tortured his chattel and broke up their families. He was not a heroically high-minded military commander, but a general who allowed his soldiers to torture and kill black prisoners of war. Lee did implore his fellow southerners to accept defeat upon the war’s end. But the idea that he unified — or, in the president’s ostensible view, “saved” — America by doing so is obscene. For one thing, Lee’s advocacy for surrender left much to be desired. In the opinion of his former rival Ulysses S. Grant, Lee set “an example of forced acquiescence so grudging and pernicious in its effects as to be hardly realized.” For another, Lee assiduously opposed the only form of reconciliation that would have unified all Americans under the same republican government (the one that would recognize the South’s dark-skinned residents as Americans).

Unlike Longstreet, Lee vociferously opposed the extension of civil rights to African-Americans, imploring Congress not to enfranchise the former slaves, who had “neither the intelligence nor the other qualifications which are necessary to make them safe depositories of political power.”

Lee is not so widely memorialized because he was a uniquely racially progressive Confederate general, but because he was not.

It’s possible that Donald Trump genuinely does not understand this. The “reconciliationist” vision of the war is still taught in our public schools, and fortified by more than 700 monuments to Confederate valor. For the incuriously patriotic white American, it is far easier to accept this narrative, than to confront the implications of its fraudulence."

crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
August 18 2017 9:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Bashar al-Asad

That's obviously a retweet, you stupid idiot. You absolute moron

That thing clearly labeled a retweet was obviously a retweet, you idiotic moron!
Long Wong Ho
Time Husk
64 Posts
20/M/NA

October 11 2017 12:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

forum Politics and Society ›› President Trump ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: President Trump

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold