all threads All Threads ›› And the world has not yet ended ›› new topic Topic Closed
crunkmoose

Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
62/M/MA

offline   (9)
May 21 2011 10:44 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Maybe its just because I live in the godforsaken, heathen Boston area where no one has been raptured away... but its a bloody lovely day out aaaand the world hasn't ended yet.

I meant to post this around 3am as I was still awake and at my computer because I'm recovering from having my wisdom teeth out and can't sleep very well... but I was overcome with wanting sleep more than to post.

WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
May 21 2011 11:00 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
What's confusing about this is that no one knows the exact time that this is supposed to go down. I keep hearing 6pm but every site that I've looked only says 6pm. Never specifies the time zone. I mean it's 6pm in New Zealand right now and no one has floated away yet.
joey.
Means to an end
13,569 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (7)
May 21 2011 11:03 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WREN

What's confusing about this is that no one knows the exact time that this is supposed to go down. I keep hearing 6pm but every site that I've looked only says 6pm. Never specifies the time zone. I mean it's 6pm in New Zealand right now and no one has floated away yet.

I am patiently awaiting for this event to not take place.
Higgs boson
va-gine
6,185 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (6)
May 21 2011 11:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I can't wait to hear all the responses tomorrow from the crazies about why they didn't float up to heaven.
hesinparties
bloodthirst
2,946 Posts
13/M/NA

offline   (10)
May 21 2011 11:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

"The end of the world will be at exactly 6 p.m. on May 21, 2011, says Camping, who along with his organization, Family Radio, are behind those billboards across the country forecasting the Rapture this Saturday. The Rapture, the Last Days, Armageddon and the Final Days of Judgment are all interchangeable. It's when God will destroy the Earth to show his love for humanity.

Is that Eastern Standard or Pacific Standard Time?

Neither, says Camping, whom I interviewed recently for my online news show TYT Now. The Rapture is at 6 p.m. on May 21, 2011, where ever it's 6 p.m. first, with the "fantastically big" world-ending event taking place on a time zone by time zone basis.

That means we can expect the Rapture to start when it hits 6 p.m. at the International Dateline at 180 Longitude -- roughly the between Pago Pago, American Samoa, and Nuku'alofa, Tonga. We'll know it's Judgment Day because there will be an earthquake of previously unprecedented magnitude, Camping predicts.

So, according to these calculations, the Rapture will actually begin like a rolling brown out across the globe at 11 p.m. PST on Friday, May 20th. "Everyone will be weeping and wailing because they'll know in a few hours it'll come to their city," said Camping. "

WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
May 21 2011 11:19 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: joey.

I am patiently awaiting for this event to not take place.

oh no shit. you and every other one of us in the remaining 6 billion people that don't expect to be saved today.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
May 21 2011 11:19 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: hesinparties

"The end of the world will be at exactly 6 p.m. on May 21, 2011, says Camping, who along with his organization, Family Radio, are behind those billboards across the country forecasting the Rapture this Saturday. The Rapture, the Last Days, Armageddon and the Final Days of Judgment are all interchangeable. It's when God will destroy the Earth to show his love for humanity.

Neither, says Camping, whom I interviewed recently for my online news show TYT Now. The Rapture is at 6 p.m. on May 21, 2011, where ever it's 6 p.m. first, with the "fantastically big" world-ending event taking place on a time zone by time zone basis.

That means we can expect the Rapture to start when it hits 6 p.m. at the International Dateline at 180 Longitude -- roughly the between Pago Pago, American Samoa, and Nuku'alofa, Tonga. We'll know it's Judgment Day because there will be an earthquake of previously unprecedented magnitude, Camping predicts.

So, according to these calculations, the Rapture will actually begin like a rolling brown out across the globe at 11 p.m. PST on Friday, May 20th. "Everyone will be weeping and wailing because they'll know in a few hours it'll come to their city," said Camping. "

I'm going to be asleep when Jebus cums.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,796 Posts
42/M/PA

online   (1)
May 21 2011 11:33 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

it is supposed to start 6pm in each time zone....so basically it all ready "started" in parts of the world
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
62/M/MA

offline   (9)
May 21 2011 12:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Originally posted by: hesinparties

I'm going to be asleep when Jebus cums.

I will make no jokes...
Kung Fu Treachery
Fuck That Bird
1,593 Posts
37/M/NY

offline  mobile reply   (1)
May 21 2011 1:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Plenty of "non-believers" are gonna be acting real stupid tonight that's for damn sure.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
62/M/MA

offline   (9)
May 21 2011 2:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Kung Fu Treachery

Plenty of "non-believers" are gonna be acting real stupid tonight that's for damn sure.

So in other words.. you won't be able to tell them apart from the believers.
Kung Fu Treachery
Fuck That Bird
1,593 Posts
37/M/NY

offline   (1)
May 21 2011 2:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Lmao exactly.
Man is Truth
sleeps on hills
5,530 Posts
42/M/NJ

offline   (11)
May 21 2011 2:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Im stayin inside tonight. A few months ago it was a funny billboard and fliers at the laundromat. Now its a yahoo search and a national thing. Fuck that ya'll are too crazy.
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
38,210 Posts
46/M/PA

offline   (11)
May 21 2011 2:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah because i truly believed the world was going to 'end' in the first place
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
May 21 2011 3:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I think the Rapture Believers are going to be doing more of the stupid shit tonight.

Think of it this way. These people think this is it. This is the proof of the teachings they've been following their entire life. Concrete fact that Heaven exists and that they will meet Jesus. Instead of being open to the idea that this guy might be completely off his rocker with his prediction, they are putting all their eggs in this one basket. People have spent their entire retirement funds, stopped saving for their kids college or worse spent it, quit their jobs, etc.

So when this Rapture doesn't happen, there is definitely going to be alot of them that think their entire belief structure they've been living/taught/followed their entire life was one big hunk of horseshit. It's going to crush their psychological being because to ones that thought this was it, are going to start questioning everything. Alot of them aren't going to be able to handle or deal with the fact that they were wrong and instead of going about their life and continuing to live their Christian life, they are going to go nuts or kill themselves. I mean in that logic, what's the point anymore? There is no Heaven.

I think this whole hoopla is a damn shame anyway. It's got a ton of people's hopes up and it's also scared the shit out of another ton of people. It's also annoyed alot of people as well.
Brett Weir
im gay
45,335 Posts
34/M/NY

offline  mobile reply   (8)
May 21 2011 3:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Snype
all threads All Threads ›› And the world has not yet ended ›› new topic Topic Closed