forum Sports Talk ›› Plaxico Burress and the Eagles ›› new reply Post Reply
..::localeye::..

Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
May 24 2011 11:57 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
so would you want Burress? I don't see the need for him but if the Eagles picked up the retard then I can't see a better receiving squad in the league. Even if he is not the same player he once was can you imagine having Maclin, Jackson and Burress on the field at the same time. Talk about spreading secondaries thin.

i would love to see what all the blabbering non-football philly peoples would say...god they would all boycott the games they don't already go to or watch. I mean viewership might drop by 0%.

click here for link
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
May 24 2011 12:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
bring us all your criminals, please.
emogeddon
TIGHTDICKPLAYA
24,550 Posts
43/M/PA

offline     (1)
May 24 2011 12:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
the fuck kinda name is plaxico?
talking shit
talking shit
8,982 Posts
19/M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (4)
May 24 2011 12:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cbrickhouse

bring us all your criminals, please.

THIS !
fight2live
doe dubbla
18,996 Posts
40/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (12)
May 24 2011 12:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
He's not a bad guy just an idiot. Would take him over avant in a heartbeat. Although they have no real need at that position they could def use a tall lanky receiver for those red zone td opportunities. He's scorched the eagles so many times i used to hate his guts. After he blasted himself i just iaugh at him now. Wonder what kind of $$ he'll get.
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
May 24 2011 12:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I would take Burress in his prime over Avant, but not the 34 year old Burress that spent the last two years in prison away from football. Honestly I'd rather continue to develop Cooper as the #4 than have Burress waste a roster spot while he gets re-acclimated for a whole year. He wouldn't start over Jackson or Maclin, and the offense has more than enough weapons. Maclin was the 4th best red-zone WR last year in the whole league. there's really just no need for him. I'd rather see them bring in a center if Jamaal Jackson isn't healthy.

Another thing to keep in mind, while he has been a very good receiver his whole career, he was better against the Eagles than any other team in the league, so we may have a skewed perspective on his abilities
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
May 24 2011 12:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: fight2live

Although they have no real need at that position they could def use a tall lanky receiver for those red zone td opportunities. /quote]

interesting stat i read today, top 4 Red-zone WRs last year -

Danny Amendola 5'9"
Wes Welker 5'9"
Lance Moore 5'9"
followed by Macline at 6'
talking shit
talking shit
8,982 Posts
19/M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (4)
May 24 2011 1:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Joe, Vick did time and killed shit last year( no pun intended)! I think Burgess would be a tight fit!
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
May 24 2011 1:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah but it took him a whole season to get back to form, like i said i don't want him taking up a spot all year while he gets his legs back. I wouldn't mind him in theory, but not at the cost of the development of Avant or Cooper. If this were the James Thrash/torrence Small days then yeah
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
May 24 2011 2:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Joe Boccuto

yeah but it took him a whole season to get back to form, like i said i don't want him taking up a spot all year while he gets his legs back. I wouldn't mind him in theory, but not at the cost of the development of Avant or Cooper. If this were the James Thrash/torrence Small days then yeah

I agree with the development of Cooper (especially) and Avant but having him on the roster at say a million for the 1st season is not a bad deal. I mean WR's get hurt often. Even if he is not in football shape which he will not be, he is still a threat. Shit get rid of Chad Hall and put him in his spot.
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
May 24 2011 2:06 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Although they have no real need at that position they could def use a tall lanky receiver for those red zone td opportunities. /quote]

Danny Amendola 5'9"
Wes Welker 5'9"
Lance Moore 5'9"

small fast guys that work the slot...but still. I would love to have a Brandon Marshall / Megatron type WR on the team.
fight2live
doe dubbla
18,996 Posts
40/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (12)
May 24 2011 8:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Danny Amendola 5'9"
Wes Welker 5'9"
Lance Moore 5'9"

Def an interesting stat. I think the eagles red zone offense benefits greatly from vicks running ability. Defenses have to respect it. Receivers can get open.

after seeing plax pull down so many balls on the eagles over the years i always wished we had an option like that in the back corner of the endzone ,

I think back to the last offensive play of the eagles season... If that was plax instead of cooper im sure the result would have been different.

Or the one avant dropped at the very end of the first redskins game
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (3)
May 24 2011 11:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Can't see Reid ever going after Plax, but I said the same thing about Vick too.
Turkatron
IT'S FRIDAY!
1,334 Posts
31/M/NJ

offline   (1)
May 25 2011 3:28 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Fuck Plaxico, just get Haynesworth and trade Kolb for two second round picks.
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (3)
May 25 2011 5:25 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Turkatron

Fuck Plaxico, just get Haynesworth and trade Kolb for two second round picks.

The problem with these two;

Plaxico
-34 years old
-Not in football shape (Hasn't played since 2008)
-Still faces disciplinary action from NFL
-Could be wrong but pretty sure he's under contract with the Giants through 2012 season

Haynesworth
-Gives up on plays, lacks self-discipline
-Indicted for sexual assault charges, facing disciplinary action from judge and NFL
-Facing charges for assault during a road rage incident, could see disciplinary action from NFL
-Has shown lack of respect towards coaches
-Still under contract with Redskins

Not that these guys lack the talent, but if either of them are even available, do you take the chance? I don't even know if Jim Washburn wants big Al. He seems pretty excited about Patterson, Bunkley, Laws, and Dixon. He believes these guys will thrive in his new one-gap system. There's more need at defensive end anyhow. Maybe they take a look at a guy like Babin, who played mediocre for the Birds, but went on to have a pro-bowl season under Washburn in Tennessee.

I can see an attempt at Plaxico. Everyone knows how much of a threat he was in the red zone. The question is can he still play like that. Philly has a great young group of receivers, and even though they are always looking to improve, I can't see anyone out there coming in and immediately taking over at #1 or #2.
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
May 25 2011 8:21 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
no way the eagles waste their time with a guy like AH
forum Sports Talk ›› Plaxico Burress and the Eagles ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Plaxico Burress and the Eagles

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject