forum Sports Talk ›› Plaxico Burress and the Eagles ›› new reply Post Reply
deadlift
sees air
15,543 Posts
66/M/NA

offline   (18)
May 25 2011 8:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Riley Cooper > Burress at this point.

Cooper is a freak athlete and could be a huge threat for you guys, especially in the red zone. He is big, fast and can jump through the roof if he has to. He was an absolute stud for us at Florida is last two years. If he is anything like he was in college he needs to work on his route running, but the kid could run a go route like no ones business in at Florida and he was fast as lightning and always seemed to catch the DB's off guard because they didn't think a white boy could move like that.
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
May 25 2011 8:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
haynesworth is more likely than plax. washburn has been openly campaigning for him, haynesworth has said himself that he wants to come here and play for washburn again. Bunkley is in a contract year and not likely to stick around. Laws has one season of half-decent play, not cutting it for a dude drafted higher than Desean. Haynesworth also wants to stay in the NFCE to stick it to the Redskins now.

plax does not face any further discipline from the league, and is no longer under contract to the giants. I just don't think he will be the player he was.

Who even has two seconds to give up for Kolb? It's already bad enough that we have to take picks from next year's draft, I don't want an additional pick being for the year after that. first rounder or keep him as a backup and let him walk at the end of the year or sign Vick long-term, franchise Kolb at the end of the year, and then trade him.

Babin seems like a no-brainer
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
May 25 2011 10:17 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Babin had some great games for the Eagles that no one took notice of...when they let him and Witherspoon go I was disappointed that the Eagles didn't see what they had...obviously the Titans did.

No way do I want Haynesworth...he might be big but he is a true cancer to a team. He has shown season after season that he cares only for himself and would fuck a team over in a heartbeat if things aren't going the way he wants.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,890 Posts
40/M/PA

offline     (23)
May 25 2011 2:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
do not want haynesworth ever
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
37/M/PA

offline     (20)
May 25 2011 2:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i don't want haynesworth at all, i'm just saying i won't be surprised to see him here. it makes too much sense from too many angles. i wouldn't care if he bumped laws off the roster, but I want to see Dixon stay. Bunkley is going to have either a stud year or a disaster of a season. On a contract year he might mail it in since he's already in the doghouse, or might pull a haynesworth himself and finally play up to his potential in the hunt for that 2nd contract. Washburn wants Haynesworth, and I think AR has lost a lot of his "final say" over roster moves.

If he comes in on a one year incentive-laden deal I won't mind, because fat Albert plays for money.
Turkatron
IT'S FRIDAY!
1,334 Posts
31/M/NJ

offline   (1)
May 25 2011 5:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: DeadlyHandSammich

Originally posted by: Turkatron

Fuck Plaxico, just get Haynesworth and trade Kolb for two second round picks.

The problem with these two;

Plaxico
-34 years old
-Not in football shape (Hasn't played since 2008)
-Still faces disciplinary action from NFL
-Could be wrong but pretty sure he's under contract with the Giants through 2012 season

Haynesworth
-Gives up on plays, lacks self-discipline
-Indicted for sexual assault charges, facing disciplinary action from judge and NFL
-Facing charges for assault during a road rage incident, could see disciplinary action from NFL
-Has shown lack of respect towards coaches
-Still under contract with Redskins

Not that these guys lack the talent, but if either of them are even available, do you take the chance? I don't even know if Jim Washburn wants big Al. He seems pretty excited about Patterson, Bunkley, Laws, and Dixon. He believes these guys will thrive in his new one-gap system. There's more need at defensive end anyhow. Maybe they take a look at a guy like Babin, who played mediocre for the Birds, but went on to have a pro-bowl season under Washburn in Tennessee.

I can see an attempt at Plaxico. Everyone knows how much of a threat he was in the red zone. The question is can he still play like that. Philly has a great young group of receivers, and even though they are always looking to improve, I can't see anyone out there coming in and immediately taking over at #1 or #2.

You're right, but if Haynesworth plays like he did on Tennessee then it would be all the while worth it. And I think the fact that Jim Washburn is now part of the Eagles it may reignite his motivation to be the way he was. It is a gamble, but I think it could really pay off if we get lucky.

Plaxico on the other hand...why? I could understand if they wanted to deal out DeSean and maybe replace him with another Probowler, but why would you need another wide receiver when your core consists of Jackson, Maclin and Avant (dropped passes aside, he has made some spectacular catches.) It saddens me that the Eagles have turned into footballs halfway house.
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (3)
May 25 2011 5:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Joe Boccuto

haynesworth is more likely than plax. washburn has been openly campaigning for him, haynesworth has said himself that he wants to come here and play for washburn again. Bunkley is in a contract year and not likely to stick around. Laws has one season of half-decent play, not cutting it for a dude drafted higher than Desean. Haynesworth also wants to stay in the NFCE to stick it to the Redskins now.

plax does not face any further discipline from the league, and is no longer under contract to the giants. I just don't think he will be the player he was.

Who even has two seconds to give up for Kolb? It's already bad enough that we have to take picks from next year's draft, I don't want an additional pick being for the year after that. first rounder or keep him as a backup and let him walk at the end of the year or sign Vick long-term, franchise Kolb at the end of the year, and then trade him.

Babin seems like a no-brainer

Thanks for clearing some of that up. Wasn't sure about Plax's situation. Haynesworth will still probably face disciplinary action from the league since he's been arrested twice in this past off-season alone.

I think Kolb still has market value. A lot of teams took less-than-average quarterbacks, some of which were probably, and still are in talks with the Eagles to acquire Kolb.
fight2live
doe dubbla
18,996 Posts
40/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (12)
June 3 2011 12:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Article on espn.com today that says brandon jacobs has been talking to plax, and he said he wants to come play with vick anf the eagles

Also huge lol to whoever said riley cooper is better than plax
VVes 570
m.t.f.u.
25,328 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (17)
June 3 2011 1:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Couldn't hurt. They need a big guy even if it's only in certain situations.
Peter SteeleyDan
HatesMostThings
19,190 Posts
7/M/NA

offline   (1)
June 3 2011 2:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Plax is still a beast, I'd like to have him play for the Eagle Birds if he doesn't want to much money. He is a hell of a threat still.
fight2live
doe dubbla
18,996 Posts
40/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (12)
June 6 2011 11:05 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Released from prison today wearing a phillies hat lol
DeadlyHandSammich
creepin on you
3,302 Posts
37/M/NA

offline   (3)
June 6 2011 11:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Collin Trabocco

Plax is still a beast, I'd like to have him play for the Eagle Birds if he doesn't want to much money. He is a hell of a threat still.

but we dont know that. he hasnt played since 2008
(dave)
timebombhc
15,088 Posts
30/M/GA

offline   (1)
June 6 2011 12:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i just keep hearing that the eagles won't spend the amount of money that he'll likely get somewhere else
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
June 6 2011 12:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: (dave)

i just keep hearing that the eagles won't spend the amount of money that he'll likely get somewhere else

I think because of what the Eagles got Vick for and what kind of player Vick is now is going to work in Plax's favor...but a super high dollar that is out of the Eagles range is not something I see happening. He will come back and play for probably 1.5-2 million on a 1 year deal.
enright
Time Husk
122 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (3)
June 16 2011 10:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I hear people saying the Eagles need him for the redzone. No, they need a white QB, who's cool, calm and collected....and some fresh plays down there.

Fuck Burress, fuck Vick.
forum Sports Talk ›› Plaxico Burress and the Eagles ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Plaxico Burress and the Eagles

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band