forum Politics and Society ›› Internationalize Somalia ›› new reply Post Reply
Jason Voorheees

dogfood meatballs
6,319 Posts
36/M/NY

offline   (4)
June 11 2011 3:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

I know this may sound simple, but given the disproportionate amount of piracy and terrorism coming out of this shit poor little country, why don't we take a page from the 1946 playbook and get China and Russia and anyone else affected by the piracy on board and just internationalize the whole fucking country. I don't see any downside to this; the people living there would benefit most of all. We might even learn something from the process of joint administration. Seems like a win/win solution for all parties involved, except the pirates, who we should burn out like roaches.

Man is Truth
sleeps on hills
5,530 Posts
32/M/NJ

offline   (11)
June 11 2011 3:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Have you ever been harmed by pirates? fuckin faggots and their circle jerk fantasy identification with ruling class interests.

They are stealing products from transnational billionaire companies that do things like...own all of the land around them and prevent them from growing food. Fuck you pal.

hahaha "we should blah blah Russia and china." I am sure when Jason Voorhees speaks, he does so for a mythical imaginary national entity called America, and equivalent imaginary entities with their own hundreds of millions of subjects listen, and cooperate in Jason Voorhees' interest.

Fuckin dumbass. The war efforts you are endorsing are just a PR manipulation, so that US taxpayers and soldiers pay for shipping companies' security with their money and blood. Fuck those companies- hire other armed men to fight the pirates. Better yet- pay the pirates a fee for trafficking products through their fuckin waters.
Jason Voorheees
dogfood meatballs
6,319 Posts
36/M/NY

offline   (4)
June 11 2011 3:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Hate to break it to you, dumbfuck, but the same people hijacking ships are cutting off the arms of children and gangraping women in their own country. This is not a proletariat movement. And their fucking waters? No one owns the fucking waters - attempts at the ownership of things that should be held and managed in common is one of the biggest problems of all.

But I know it's hard to get through your Dwarn-on-steroids approach to discussion here, but the problem is we get involved in wars that are nowhere near as globally useful, and that is the source of many of our problems. Not to mention the fact that this would never be a war. The Somali government and military would probably be the first to sign on. But don't worry, it will never happen because it would make too much sense. I mean, imagine if we ever did anything that actually had a long term positive benefit on the world as a whole, and didn't just serve the short term interest of a few people behind a few people running things like Halliburton and Blackwater; that's just fantasy.

Also, I am sure when Man is Truth speaks, he does so for a mythical imaginary national entity called prisonplanet via World of Warcraft.
Brett Weir
piss clams
40,976 Posts
29/M/NY

online  mobile reply   (5)
June 11 2011 3:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Man is truth is dumbfuck of the universe
Man is Truth
sleeps on hills
5,530 Posts
32/M/NJ

offline   (11)
June 11 2011 3:55 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
So let me get this straight- "everyone wins" when not just 1, but 3 pyramid hierarchies on continental scales soak up the expense of individual companies' security by shaking down their respective subjects and putting them in front of bullets.

by everyone you must mean Bryzienski.
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
27,019 Posts
27/M/NJ

offline   (10)
June 11 2011 3:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
nuke them
Jason Voorheees
dogfood meatballs
6,319 Posts
36/M/NY

offline   (4)
June 11 2011 3:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Man is Truth

So let me get this straight- "everyone wins" when not just 1, but 3 pyramid hierarchies on continental scales soak up the expense of individual companies' security by shaking down their respective subjects and putting them in front of bullets.

by everyone you must mean Bryzienski.

3? No, dumbshit, those are just the biggest countries that would be involved. Every country with shipping interests has had to deal with these assholes, from Norway to North Korea. Trust me, no one will shed a tear for martial law in Somalia a la Berlin 1946, least of all the people of Somalia who get to keep their arms and vaginas intact.

And like I said, this would not be a war. It would probably be welcomed by the military there. The only people that stand to lose are the scumbag gangs that run every ghetto and village with a reign of terror and send their misery out over the water to passing ships.
Man is Truth
sleeps on hills
5,530 Posts
32/M/NJ

offline   (11)
June 11 2011 4:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
How can the belief persist into the 21st century that the way to protect people from violence is to invade their space with violent belligerents?
Jason Voorheees
dogfood meatballs
6,319 Posts
36/M/NY

offline   (4)
June 11 2011 4:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I think the option of smoking pot with them went off the table with the first thousand people they murdered.
ass nipples
old dancing boy
34,981 Posts
29/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (7)
June 11 2011 4:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
remember, if youre computer breaks, you can take it to staples now. highly trained professionals will fix it for you.
emofacial
NIGGA DICK
34,939 Posts
M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (2)
June 11 2011 4:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
let the blax be blax
crunkmoose
FuckRandPaul!
23,989 Posts
64/M/MA

offline   (9)
June 11 2011 6:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Much of a supercilious ass as he might be... Man is Truth does have a bit of a point here. We talk about the losses endured because of piracy, but the losses to the Somalis as well as the exploitation inherent in the sort of joint rule you propose are far far greater.
Jason Voorheees
dogfood meatballs
6,319 Posts
36/M/NY

offline   (4)
June 11 2011 8:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: crunkmoose

Much of a supercilious ass as he might be... Man is Truth does have a bit of a point here. We talk about the losses endured because of piracy, but the losses to the Somalis as well as the exploitation inherent in the sort of joint rule you propose are far far greater.

I'm not really seeing any losses to the average Somalis. The pirates, would lose, the gangs would lose, the corrupt military and government officials would lose, but the average Somalis would probably do a thousand times better, as would the non-corrupt military and government officials. As for exploitation, Somalia doesn't really have much to exploit unless we've suddenly developed a massive need for clumps of dry dirt from the Ogo. Any internationalization would probably lead to improved social services, public schools, modern health services, and a legal system that actually functions. So again, I don't see much in the way of losses to the average Somali, especially when compared to the environment of squalor and terror they live under now.

Look, I'm not saying this kind of thing is ever the ideal option, but I'm afraid that boat has long since sailed. And between the piracy, the rape gangs, the murder gangs, etc., it would be nice if the global community tried to do something before it becomes another Rwanda or Darfur. And unlike those situations, multiple foreign nations would actually have a tangible justification to get involved and a motivation to solve the problem and improve things there enough so that it doesn't recur. I know the knee-jerk reaction to this sort of thing is negative, but every now and it's the right thing to do. This is one such case. And with a truly international coalition which included not just our usual allies, but the Chinese, the Russians, everyone, the cost would be minimal both economically and diplomatically. Again, I don't see any downside for anyone but the assholes here.

Jason Voorheees
dogfood meatballs
6,319 Posts
36/M/NY

offline   (4)
June 11 2011 8:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Also, "supercilious ass" is way too kind. Dude is a drug addled bag of pompous pseudo-intellectual fart-gas.
Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (4)
June 11 2011 8:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I think that if Obama were to put together a coalition of willing foreign nations for the purpose of invading, claiming and ruling a muslim territory which is currently undergoing somewhat terrible human rights abuses, nothing but good could come of it.
Jason Voorheees
dogfood meatballs
6,319 Posts
36/M/NY

offline   (4)
June 11 2011 8:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
If that coalition included the other major Muslim nations in the region, then yeah, neither do I.

This is kind of a unique situation because no one likes these assholes: we hate them, the Iranians hate them, the Chinese hate them, the Russians hate them, even the North Koreans hate them. They have fucked with ships from pretty much every single country on the planet; why something like this hasn't happened sooner is my only question.
forum Politics and Society ›› Internationalize Somalia ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Internationalize Somalia

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band