forum General Crabbery ›› How do you feel about this? ›› new reply Post Reply
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
198,169 Posts
34/M/PA

online     (23)
May 30 2012 9:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i think theat full strength military action is needed but i don't see it happening.

i also think drugs should be legalized so these fucking assholes have less to make money from.
Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,086 Posts
49/M/NA

offline   (1)
May 30 2012 9:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cbrickhouse
military action.

Absolutely. This is more of a case for state warfare - against organized and consistently violent pseudo-armies - than the 'war on terrorism' (not that terrorist organizations aren't also violent, but the Mexican situation is different in scale, consistency, and operations mostly within a single state.)
Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,086 Posts
49/M/NA

offline   (1)
May 30 2012 9:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I should also state that I mean a case for Mexico to declare war, not the U.S.
da truth
Time Husk
1,481 Posts
114/

offline  mobile reply   (1)
May 31 2012 2:22 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Nuke Mexico OVER AND OVER AND OVER TILL THERES NOTHING BUT COCKROACHES
tom.
^__^
61,535 Posts
31/M/PA

online     (5)
May 31 2012 1:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
time to send an operative.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
16,762 Posts
27/M/IL

online   (11)
May 31 2012 1:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I forget which (Nicaragua?), but a couple Central American countries' governments just opened up talks for legalizing drugs. So that's a step in the right direction, I guess.
brian.
new cocks
132,248 Posts
30/M/IL

online   (9)
May 31 2012 1:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
it is way beyond the time for this shit to be ironed out. the cops can't and won't do shit.

deploy. keep firing.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
198,169 Posts
34/M/PA

online     (23)
May 31 2012 1:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
at this point the cartels are already more powerful than the government forces, otherwise shit would already be taken care of. send in the navy seals. all of them.
tom.
^__^
61,535 Posts
31/M/PA

online     (5)
May 31 2012 1:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
send in the USO. have katy perry do a dance for peace.
Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,086 Posts
49/M/NA

offline   (1)
May 31 2012 1:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: swerve

this has importance to our daily lives in so many ways.

- Cartels are now willing to attack multi-national corporations, and for whatever reason they choose to attack that is a disturbing sign that they have no fear in doing such. To me, that is foreboding.

- If the cartels are attacking these corporations, how long before these corporations hire mercenaries to fight/protect assets for them in impoverished nations like this where those corporations have their plants.

- Even though no one should glorify people like the men involved in these cartels; how long before this is an epidemic of sorts for multi-national corporations and we start seeing other groups/outfits like this use this tactic in other parts of the developing world where corporate plants exist. (notably indonesia)

- What does it mean for the future of America's "war on immigration" if the government it should be working with to curtail the perceived "problem" could possibly be usurped by a cartel with unlimited funds that are the result, mostly, of our national drug problem?

to me, this article is more than some christian drug dealers smashing trucks of sabritas (which by the way make you poo liquid.)

Good points. I have been thinking a bit lately about the connections between the US-Mexican drug trade in light of these issues, namely that it's a lot more complicated than drug-hungry Americans fueling the whole system. You've now got small armies controlled by powerful criminal organizations who do much more than smuggle drugs, and who have bigger aims than just making more and more money. In states unable to clamp down, the implications are dire. Indonesia would combine all of that plus elements of radical Islam. Ouch.
Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,086 Posts
49/M/NA

offline   (1)
May 31 2012 2:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Science fiction in the 90s/early 2000s was all about dystopian near-future scenarios of multinationals and mercenary armies.

As usual, they were probably right.
blackeyes
100%
45,272 Posts
28/M/AK

offline   (5)
May 31 2012 2:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dickscraper

I forget which (Nicaragua?), but a couple Central American countries' governments just opened up talks for legalizing drugs. So that's a step in the right direction, I guess.

It's not just Nicaragua (though I'm pretty sure you mean Guatemala?) or CA it's a huge movement across Latin America right now. It's not going to mean anything if the US, as the world's leading consumer of drugs and advocate against them, doesn't follow suit. If the profitable illegal market still exists in the US, the Mexican cartels are going to exist. End the failed War on Drugs and you effectively cut off the supply lines for a majority of the cartels.
Dianana
8====D
58,355 Posts
31/F/PA

online   (7)
May 31 2012 2:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I can't wrap my head around how ruthless these dudes are and how the United States is partially responsible.

This bullshit war on drugs has cost almost 1 trillion dollars. It's a 1 trillion dollar failure. A TRILLION DOLLARS.
blackeyes
100%
45,272 Posts
28/M/AK

offline   (5)
May 31 2012 2:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: swerve

Originally posted by: blackeyes

Originally posted by: Dickscraper

It's not just Nicaragua (though I'm pretty sure you mean Guatemala?) or CA it's a huge movement across Latin America right now. It's not going to mean anything if the US, as the world's leading consumer of drugs and advocate against them, doesn't follow suit. If the profitable illegal market still exists in the US, the Mexican cartels are going to exist. End the failed War on Drugs and you effectively cut off the supply lines for a majority of the cartels.

To a degree, but it does seem like the cartels have all expanded their "business" beyond just drug traffic. The Mexican Cartels will exist even if we legalize most substances.

They definitely have expanded into other business but I think they make a very, very large portion of their income from taking drugs into the US. It would be probably the most damaging single action to a large majority of the cartels, it would also probably ease up some of the violence in the crime riddled border towns like Juarez.
da truth
Time Husk
1,481 Posts
114/

offline  mobile reply   (1)
May 31 2012 2:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Fuck this gay earth
forum General Crabbery ›› How do you feel about this? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: How do you feel about this?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band