forum Arts & Entertainment ›› Judge Dredd reboot ›› new reply Post Reply
Jason Voorheees

dogfood meatballs
6,457 Posts
40/M/NY

offline   (4)
June 23 2012 5:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
anyone who grew up reading the 2000ad comics knows what an abortion the stallone movie was. a fun abortion maybe, but still, kind of lame. the original comics were written around the same time and in much the same character as the dark knight batman re-envisioning and the watchmen. people that were in diapers then looking at them now may not appreciate that.

anyway, this reboot may suck too, but who knows.

as for the new comics, i guess the dark judges are back. may have to check these out.

-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (21)
June 23 2012 5:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
A futuristic action thriller being released in September, that's a bad sign.
Kung Fu Treachery
Fuck That Bird
1,593 Posts
36/M/NY

offline  mobile reply   (1)
June 23 2012 5:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
The only good thing I can say about this trailer is that Karl Urban looks and acts the part of Dredd, unlike Sly. The rest of it looks pretty lame.

Like you said, the Stallone movie was a butchering of the comics but it was still a goofy fun movie.

I'm still going to see this but I'm not holding my breath that it will be good.
emogeddon
TIGHTDICKPLAYA
24,550 Posts
42/M/PA

offline     (1)
June 23 2012 5:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
the trailer does a good job lining up the plot. hopefully alex garland did a good job of keeping in line with the original comics. he's a great writer and he had the sly movie working against him.

i just hope rob schneider is in it somewhere.
Kung Fu Treachery
Fuck That Bird
1,593 Posts
36/M/NY

offline  mobile reply   (1)
June 23 2012 6:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm curious though. Could that rookie with Dredd possibly be Judge Anderson? I always liked her.
Brett Weir
im gay
45,169 Posts
34/M/NY

offline  mobile reply   (8)
June 23 2012 6:31 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I hope Anthrax makes it to the soundtrack.
Brett Weir
im gay
45,169 Posts
34/M/NY

June 23 2012 6:36 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
This movie looks like fun regardless of the 3d bullshit. I don't expect anything in watchmen calibur in the slightest so maybe that can work FOR it.
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (21)
September 7 2012 1:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
umm, holy shit

tomatometer
|All Critics|Top Critics100% Average Rating: 7.3/10
Reviews Counted: 27
Fresh: 27 | Rotten: 0
Shostakovich
do svidaniya
6,566 Posts
35/M/MD

offline     (6)
September 7 2012 2:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
the movie was an abortion, but it was our generation's abortion

I want to see this though
Billy Crystals
The shy retirer
14,553 Posts
32/M/WI

offline   (2)
September 7 2012 2:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: -Jeremy-

umm, holy shit

tomatometer
|All Critics|Top Critics100% Average Rating: 7.3/10
Reviews Counted: 27
Fresh: 27 | Rotten: 0

The review I've been reading say it's just really good for an action flick. I'll see it as I am a fan of the comics.
Matti Frost
The Winter's Wrath
7,923 Posts
45/M/PA

offline     (25)
September 7 2012 2:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Might be good for lulz.
Stza1233
Burn Out
114 Posts
28/M/OH

offline   (6)
October 24 2012 5:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
All I can say about the preview is it looks nothing like the original, and I myself never really did like the original but who knows it might be better but I have a tendency to like older movies
WREN
Pulp Free
52,190 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (20)
October 25 2012 7:24 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I did a review for this. It was a very straight to the point action film but set in the Dredd universe. I really liked it. Most critics gave it positive reviews but Dredd was never a huge comic book hero outside of the comic community so it tanked in the theaters. Bummer too. Not that they really set up a sequel, but I would be into another one. With the lack of money coming in, I'm sure that idea has been flushed.
LastOnePicked
in all my unglory
14,470 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (4)
October 25 2012 11:11 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WREN

I did a review for this. It was a very straight to the point action film but set in the Dredd universe. I really liked it. Most critics gave it positive reviews but Dredd was never a huge comic book hero outside of the comic community so it tanked in the theaters. Bummer too. Not that they really set up a sequel, but I would be into another one. With the lack of money coming in, I'm sure that idea has been flushed.

Wow, i assumed this movie would do a lot better overseas, but it actually did worse.
Jason Voorheees
dogfood meatballs
6,457 Posts
40/M/NY

offline   (4)
January 17 2013 10:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
wow, what a pretty film. just watched this again since i got too drunk the first time to really remember it well, and wow, what an amazing job they did at recreating the visual aesthetic of the comic, as well as the feel, etc.: kind of like blade runner meets the wire, but heavy on the wire. [it helped having avon barksdale [wood harris] from the wire pretty much playing avon barksdale circa 2100, but the whole thing was very future-ghetto, and everyone looked a little dirty, even the judges, something the stallone film totally screwed up.]

i really hope they order a sequel, although that does seem doubtful if the box office was really that bad. i almost wish they had just turned it into a cable series instead because that would have at least ensured a few more stories. .

also, made me order this:

also

Brett Weir
im gay
45,169 Posts
34/M/NY

January 17 2013 10:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I wish I saw this in theaters. I will blind buy the blu ray.
forum Arts & Entertainment ›› Judge Dredd reboot ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Judge Dredd reboot

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?