all threads All Threads ›› NCAA Football Thread ›› new reply Post Reply
Mechanical Birds

i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
August 26 2012 8:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Post your top-25 lists, conference predictions, general gripes, etc.

Here's my pre-season top-25

1. Alabama
2. Oklahoma
3.USC
4. LSU
5. Michigan
6. West Virginia
7. Arkansas
8. Oregon
9. Florida State
10. Georgia
11. South Carolina
12. Clemson
13. Wisconsin
14. TCU
15. Kansas State
16. Virginia Tech
17. Michigan State
18. Texas
19. Nebraska
20. Boise State
21. Louisville
22. Utah
23. Oklahoma State
24. Cincinnati
25. BYU

And here is what I think will happen in the conferences

- ACC will come down to Virginia Tech in the Coastal and either Clemson or Florida State in the Atlantic

- The Big 12 is probably the best conference top-to-bottom, and at least 4 teams have a chance at winning it all here. Either West Virginia, Oklahoma, Kansas State or TCU will take the title in this league. Obviously I'm gunning for the Mountaineers, but moving to anew conference and completely re-hauling the defense might make it a bit too much to handle, even though our offense is going to be unstoppable.

- The Big East is going to come down to Louisville and Cincinnati, possibly South Florida, andI guess Rutgers could be a dark horse here. Louisville has 20 starters coming back from a real young team last year that did pretty well. South Florida has BJ Daniels for his senior year and a few other skill starters back, though. This is a great defensive league, so it'll ultimately come down to defense here.

- The Big 10, plain and simple, will feature Wisconsin from the Leaders Division (OSU and PSU banned from bowls/conference championship games) and Michigan. Michigan State is a sleeper pick here, but Denard Robinson is just so amazing that I think he keeps the Wolverines from losing more than one conference game, and the Spartans don't have a whole lot coming back.

- The PAC 12 will most-likely end up with Oregon and USC playing a rematch in the PAC 12 Championship Game, but I could see Utah giving USC fits in the south, just like Washington could give Oregon fits in the north. Still though, USE and Oregon are the top-tier programs in this league. With Andrew Luck and a ton of other important players gone from Stanford, I'm assuming there'll be at least a slight drop-off there.

- The SEC, once again, is great at the top and shit at the bottom. LSU and Bama will once again beat the shit out of everyone in the west while Georgia glides to an SEC East championship on the back of an easy-as-fuck schedule. I'm going to say Alabama will end up in the National Championship Game again in 2013, kind of a bummer.

Bowl Games:
Rose - Michigan/Oregon
Fiesta - West Virginia/USC
Sugar - Louisville/LSU
Orange - Florida State/Wisconsin
National Championship Game - Alabama/Oklahoma

blackeyes
100%
47,261 Posts
33/M/AK

offline   (3)
August 26 2012 9:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
implying temple wont win the big easy
tony plush
Anxiety Hangover
11,188 Posts
28/M/WI

offline     (5)
August 26 2012 9:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
implying michigan is better than wisconsin or michigan state
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,860 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
August 26 2012 11:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
sandusky takes over as coach, penn state wins it all because the players are always on high alert
blackeyes
100%
47,261 Posts
33/M/AK

offline   (3)
August 26 2012 11:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Not even joking, Temple will have the best running game in the Big East and will knock off Rutgers for their highlight win
blackeyes
100%
47,261 Posts
33/M/AK

offline   (3)
August 27 2012 3:45 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Do you really think the Big East is THAT much better than the MAC? Temple beat the Big East champion last year.
blackeyes
100%
47,261 Posts
33/M/AK

offline   (3)
August 27 2012 7:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I hear what you're saying, it is completely different playing and beating one good BCS team a year rather than playing a few good teams and putting up a winning record.

However, I can't understand how everyone seems to just overlook Montel Harris, he set Boston College rushing records without even playing his last season and was a preseason ACC POY before getting hurt.

I legit think Temple has the best running game in conference and will be near the top in the country in rushing yards (but unfortunately not so good in passing yards, lack of balance could kill them) I am interested to see what QB Coyer does this year as he seemed to show promise towards the end of last season.

I'm saying they go 6-5 with a chance to go 7-4 and finally beat PSU. Not that it's really worth anything but I think they understand this is probably the most anticipated football season in school history.
Pollcat
afam / aasr 32°
23,565 Posts
41/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
August 27 2012 7:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Hail to the victors!
tony plush
Anxiety Hangover
11,188 Posts
28/M/WI

offline     (5)
August 28 2012 3:48 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
September 2 2012 11:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: blackeyes

Do you really think the Big East is THAT much better than the MAC? Temple beat the Big East champion last year.

What? no they didn't. WVU hasn't played Temple in years and even if there was a 3-way tie, Louisville getting lucky in conference play doesn't mean anything. Louisville will wipe the floor with the rest of the Big East.
blackeyes
100%
47,261 Posts
33/M/AK

offline   (3)
September 3 2012 11:40 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I am off by a year, they did in 2010. Which had to be one of the worst Big East years though, Uconn was terrible.

Not impressed with buttgers
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
September 4 2012 1:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
WVU for BCS title

Gemo Smith for Heisman
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
September 6 2012 8:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Here's my week 2 top 25:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. LSU
4. West Virginia
5. USC
6. Oklahoma
7. Florida State
8. Arkansas
9. Michigan State
10. South Carolina
11. Georgia
12. TCU
13. Nebraska
14. Kansas State
15. Clemson
16. Oklahoma State
17. Wisconsin
18. Texas
19. Louisville
20. Michigan
21. Notre Dame
22. BYU
23. Virginia Tech
24. Utah
25. Boise State

I know this is pretty different from my week one poll, but after seeing a huge majority of those teams play I didn't really feel good about bumping a bunch of the teams that won unconvincingly over shitty teams up at all (see Virginia Tech or Wisconsin, they both won but fell). I plan on doing this every week, hopefully anyone will be entertained : )

ALSO, as a WVU fan, I was anxious about this season, hearingall the coaches praise the team all over but knowing our history as a program, but jesus christ after seeing us hang 69 (lol) on Marshall with a running game that is a far-cry better than it was last year and a passing game that's an extra year deep in the most innovative offense in football, then seeing Texas win by a couple against Wyoming and Oklahoma be neck-and-neck with UTEP until the end of the3rd quarter, and then only win 24-7, I could legitimately see the Mountaineers going undefeated in the Big 12. Geno Smith is getting Heisman love and we have a ton of weapons on offense. If everyone stays healthy this offense is unstoppable. This is going to be a great year for college football.
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
September 7 2012 5:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I wasn't saying that it made Texas a BAD team, just that they don't scare me for WVU like they did before the season started. My whole point was that as a fan, I went from being anxious to legitimately being comfortable with the notion that WVU could go undefeated. I mean, they probably wont, but Oklahoma State killed last year and WVU is in the same position that OSU were in last year, only with an even better offense. Pretty exciting.
blackeyes
100%
47,261 Posts
33/M/AK

offline   (3)
September 8 2012 1:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Coyer and the oline look bad. Too many turnovers and we don't have a QB that can lead us back from a deep hole like this.
blackeyes
100%
47,261 Posts
33/M/AK

offline   (3)
September 8 2012 2:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
looking like a different team in the second half
all threads All Threads ›› NCAA Football Thread ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: NCAA Football Thread

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject