all threads All Threads ›› fantasy football questions ›› new reply Post Reply
Aunt_Pee

mr. birthdaysex
8,636 Posts
36/M/NC

offline   (12)
September 6 2012 8:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
fantasy football who plays it, secrets to playing or tips would be helpful i feel like my team blows major cock but if i play it right it could work out. should i make any changes... what do you think

my starters

qb: cam newton
wr: mike wallace
wr: steve smith (car)
wr: brandon lloyd
te: brent celek
rb: frank gore
rb: arian foster
K: sebastian janakowski

Def: Philly

bench

qb ben rapeface rothlesberger
wr sydney rice
wr joe baldwin
te fred davis
rb shonn greene

K nate kaeding

def: green bay
Aunt_Pee
mr. birthdaysex
8,636 Posts
36/M/NC

offline   (12)
September 6 2012 8:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
p.s. i traded jamaal charles, stevie johnson and houston d for frank gore, steve smith and greenbay d

i thought it was a good trade i sure fucking hope i made a good decision
RyanSchwenksville
Stoked,Pumped
11,858 Posts
34/M/PA

offline  mobile reply     (8)
September 6 2012 8:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I don't know about that trade. Green bays d stink last year and Stevie Johnson has more upside than Steve smith
ass nipples
old dancing boy
38,943 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (7)
September 6 2012 8:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
houstons d is actually pretty decent
tony plush
Anxiety Hangover
11,188 Posts
28/M/WI

offline     (5)
September 6 2012 9:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
green bays d is terrible, houstons is pretty good.
Maryland Matt
still oh so ill
8,438 Posts
37/M/MD

offline     (6)
September 6 2012 9:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I would have kept Houston's D.

Jamaal Charles is RB by committee with Hillis... so his fantasy value takes a hit... so that may not have been a bad move.

Frank Gore is getting old... so don't expect the same production out of him.

I think you're going to be starting Ben more than Cam this year. Cam is still relatively unproven and the Steelers schedule is a little softer than previous years... plus Ben's weapons are all in place and healthy. Cam was awesome last year, don't get me wrong... but I wouldn't put the weight of my team on the shoulders of a second year QB. Expect inconsistency.

Mike Wallace is a decent choice, but I think Antonio Brown is going to be getting more targets this year because Wallace will be wearing CB's like garments of clothing all year.

Fred Davis is my dude. I really think he's a better start than Celek, especially since he actually has someone throwing to him this year... that is if he can stay healthy.

Foster is a solid start... but during your bye weeks... Shonn Greene is gonna stink it up for you. I think he's an awful starting RB on a terrible offense.

I honestly think the rest of your WR's are mediocre... but they will all give you consistent numbers. Other than Wallace, you don't really have any explosive wide outs.
ass nipples
old dancing boy
38,943 Posts
34/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (7)
September 6 2012 9:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
fred davis is suspended the first 4 games or some shit lol
brian.
new cocks
146,075 Posts
34/M/IL

offline   (9)
September 6 2012 10:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
thinking about shit like this is why im in ass neck fantasy football
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,860 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
September 6 2012 10:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: brian.

thinking about shit like this is why im in ass neck fantasy football

same

no mind bending guesses, expert advice or stat comparison
Maryland Matt
still oh so ill
8,438 Posts
37/M/MD

offline     (6)
September 6 2012 11:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: ass nipples

fred davis is suspended the first 4 games or some shit lol

He was suspended the last 4 games of last year. He's good this year... so far.
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
September 7 2012 8:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
A tip...

Fuck kickers. Drop kickers and pick up kickers almost on a weekly basis. Take the kicker who's offense is playing a tougher D and will stall consistently at the 20/30 yard line. Teams like the Dolphins, Jets, Browns etc.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,766 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
September 7 2012 8:48 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: ..::localeye::..

A tip...

Fuck kickers. Drop kickers and pick up kickers almost on a weekly basis. Take the kicker who's offense is playing a tougher D and will stall consistently at the 20/30 yard line. Teams like the Dolphins, Jets, Browns etc.

don't you get charged a transaction fee in your league? I like that idea but that would get expensive....also both of my leagues use a snake system for pickups...so if i were to use it on kickers i never would be able to get other players I really need
VVes 570
m.t.f.u.
25,328 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (17)
September 7 2012 12:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Maryland Matt

Jamaal Charles is RB by committee with Hillis... so his fantasy value takes a hit... so that may not have been a bad move.

not really. Hillis is the short yardage and goal line back and while he'll probably steal a few of Charles' touchdowns the latter will still be getting the majority of the carries/yards.

p.s. that trade was terrible.
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
44/M/FL

offline   (18)
September 7 2012 1:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: sidney

Originally posted by: ..::localeye::..

A tip...

don't you get charged a transaction fee in your league? I like that idea but that would get expensive....also both of my leagues use a snake system for pickups...so if i were to use it on kickers i never would be able to get other players I really need

$3 a transaction but who cares. The object is to the win the $1000+. If it cost me $30 big deal. The waiver wire order also only comes into play if someone else wants that kicker. If that's the case. Oh well. He can have him. i'll get another.
Maryland Matt
still oh so ill
8,438 Posts
37/M/MD

offline     (6)
September 7 2012 3:01 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: VVes 570

Originally posted by: Maryland Matt

not really. Hillis is the short yardage and goal line back and while he'll probably steal a few of Charles' touchdowns the latter will still be getting the majority of the carries/yards.

p.s. that trade was terrible.

Charles will get the majority of the yards. Hillis will get the lions share of the red zone touches... and ultimately a lot of the TD's. This won't be the rule... but at the end of the season, this will probably be the case.
Aunt_Pee
mr. birthdaysex
8,636 Posts
36/M/NC

offline   (12)
September 8 2012 2:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
the kid wanted jamaal charles and i thought since he was injured last year i could expect better points from frank gore. he needed a better d and i have philly so i wasnt worried about taking greenbays d even though i knew they blew. and steve smith i wanted based on the fact that i had no great wr and if cam IS on and thats a big if then steve smith will have big numbers, i just built around who i had. I will take your advice and more likely be starting ben more than cam, if by week 3 he isnt doing numbers.
all threads All Threads ›› fantasy football questions ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: fantasy football questions

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?