all threads All Threads ›› Middle East Protest ›› new reply Post Reply
sidney

MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,803 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
September 14 2012 8:12 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
this forum is funny....if there was a cop that did some thing out of line or the U.S. military did something "negative" over seas there would be a post about it in minutes on here.....this has been going for days yet not one post...

anyway...any thoughts on these animals causing violence because of a film on youtube?

good article i just read on CNN

click here for link
Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,110 Posts
53/M/NA

offline   (1)
September 14 2012 9:07 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Not quite sure what to say yet.

The film is apparently awful (i.e., far worse than just depicting Mohammed), and its creators originally claimed to be Jews backed by other Jews (not true), which just points to ridiculous trolling and pot-stirring. Knowingly offending violent people and getting a violent reaction so that you can continue to call them animals while hiding behind freedom of speech is cowardly, even though I fully support the right to do so (e.g., along the lines of the Danish newspaper kerfluffle.) Everyone wins, though, since every time something like this happens more Westerners learn to hate Islam and more Islamists join groups.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,803 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
September 14 2012 9:12 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i really wish we as a country would just pull out of all of those shitholes and let them be.

our tax money could be much better spent here for our people.....at times is seems like it's better when those places have a dictator in charge....at least they know how to control the wackos

so sick about hearing them being offended because their religious leader was portrayed in a negative light therefore they start violent protest
Dianana
8====D
66,487 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
September 14 2012 9:28 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Well, everyone involved seems to be hypocritical assholes. Also, I don't think this is just about some bullshit film.

Also, very little media is reporting the Muslims who do not agree with the rioting that's going on.
Dianana
8====D
66,487 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
September 14 2012 9:33 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Also, this film was not made by some big studio and why are people like "durp, this is about a dumb youtube video," when this shit all goes down around 9/11?

This world is shit and religion is fucking stupid.
the cat
numetal/juggalo
7,487 Posts
36/M/DC

offline   (5)
September 14 2012 9:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Freedom of speech begins with criticism of religion
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,803 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
September 14 2012 9:40 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dianana

Well, everyone involved seems to be hypocritical assholes. Also, I don't think this is just about some bullshit film.

Also, very little media is reporting the Muslims who do not agree with the rioting that's going on.

i don't think it's all just about the film either....but that is what they are "saying" and so are these leaders of these countries
Dianana
8====D
66,487 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
September 14 2012 9:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: sidney

i really wish we as a country would just pull out of all of those shitholes and let them be.

I agree. Leave them the fuck alone, they DO NOT WANT US THERE. I really don't know who the fuck our government thinks they are most of the time.
Dianana
8====D
66,487 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
September 14 2012 9:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
so sick about hearing them being offended because their religious leader was portrayed in a negative light therefore they start violent protest

I do not agree with this. How about instead of poking and teasing, people stop fucking with these lunatics?

And you should have a little more sympathy since you get super defensive anytime someone wants to talk shit on the fuckupness of Christianity.

And let's be honest here, if those countries weren't chocked full of oil, we wouldn't be all up in their shit trying to change their regimes to benefit us.
JustCan'tHateEnough
Some kind of hate
1,180 Posts
41/M/TX

offline  mobile reply   (13)
September 14 2012 9:59 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

I agree. Leave them the fuck alone, they DO NOT WANT US THERE. I really don't know who the fuck our government thinks they are most of the time.

I agree but as we speak I have friends going to Syria and Libya.
Dianana
8====D
66,487 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
September 14 2012 10:03 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Also, fuck Mitt Romney with his "WHITE PEOPLE AND THE WESTERN WORLD ARE RIGHT, MUSLIMS ARE ANIMALS, OBAMA IS A SYMPATHIZER," bullshit.
G uNiT UgLy
g@unit.cum
3,235 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (4)
September 14 2012 10:06 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: barbarossa

The film is apparently awful (i.e., far worse than just depicting Mohammed), and its creators originally claimed to be Jews backed by other Jews (not true), which just points to ridiculous trolling and pot-stirring. Knowingly offending violent people and getting a violent reaction so that you can continue to call them animals while hiding behind freedom of speech is cowardly, even though I fully support the right to do so (e.g., along the lines of the Danish newspaper kerfluffle.) Everyone wins, though, since every time something like this happens more Westerners learn to hate Islam and more Islamists join groups.

it looks retarded enough to be something matt and his buddies would be involved with:

with slightly better acting it could have passed for sketch comedy from madtv or something.
Dianana
8====D
66,487 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
September 14 2012 10:09 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Why did this film pop up on youtube now, you know, right before an election?
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,803 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
September 14 2012 10:10 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

I do not agree with this. How about instead of poking and teasing, people stop fucking with these lunatics?

And you should have a little more sympathy since you get super defensive anytime someone wants to talk shit on the fuckupness of Christianity.

And let's be honest here, if those countries weren't chocked full of oil, we wouldn't be all up in their shit trying to change their regimes to benefit us.

oh i don't agree with the jackass that made the movie at all....they obviously did it on purpose....BUT that is not a good reason AT ALL to have violent protest.

people mock Christianity all the time on tv and what not and I don't care. Hell most of the music I listen too hates religion especially Christianity but it does not offended me overall....and certainely even when I am offended I don't act like an animal about it....I love South Park and they have shit on the Catholic church (which they deserve) a lot.

also totally agree with your oil point

again....we should just pull out of all of those countries....focus on alternate means of energy and tell all those people to go fuck themselves....also Israel....they can defend themselves
Dianana
8====D
66,487 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
September 14 2012 10:25 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

oh i don't agree with the jackass that made the movie at all....they obviously did it on purpose....BUT that is not a good reason AT ALL to have violent protest.

people mock Christianity all the time on tv and what not and I don't care. Hell most of the music I listen too hates religion especially Christianity but it does not offended me overall....and certainely even when I am offended I don't act like an animal about it....I love South Park and they have shit on the Catholic church (which they deserve) a lot.

also totally agree with your oil point

again....we should just pull out of all of those countries....focus on alternate means of energy and tell all those people to go fuck themselves....also Israel....they can defend themselves

It's not just about a movie though. The West has had the upper hand in the Middle East for years. I think it's strange that people get called unpatriotic when they point out how fucked up Israel is and that there's been more slaughters/rapes done to those people than what Bin Laden and a few riots has caused the US. And yes, they're acting like idiots but that's what they do when their prophet is "desecrated." Everyone knows this so why the fuck would someone go out of their way and make an asshole movie like that? To deliberately pick a fight, I think.
LastOnePicked
in all my unglory
14,470 Posts
41/M/PA

offline   (4)
September 14 2012 10:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

this forum is funny....if there was a cop that did some thing out of line or the U.S. military did something "negative" over seas there would be a post about it in minutes on here.....this has been going for days yet not one post...

A small section of muslims going apeshit when people attack their religion is a completely predictable event. I'm not excusing it...i'm just saying it's not a surprising occurrence. We expect more from cops and the military.
all threads All Threads ›› Middle East Protest ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Middle East Protest

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?