all threads All Threads ›› Wii U ›› new reply Post Reply
Mechanical Birds

i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
September 30 2012 10:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I got on the wait list because the pre-order list was full.

Pre-ordered Zombi U and Mario Bros. U

Gonna be rad as hell.

TOOTHPAC SHAKUR
master quoter
30,897 Posts
33/M/OH

offline  mobile reply   (2)
October 1 2012 1:07 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Can't wait, were on the pre order list, will be in line at midnight
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
October 1 2012 1:22 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Yeah I wanted to be, but I guess they ended in in like 2 days or something. What one are you getting? I reserved the black one w/ Nintendoland, which looks awesome by the way.

What games did you pre-order?

Sucks that you can only get one video controller at launch/none of the games will use two controllers yet. Gonna be amazing when it actually happens though.

I'm thinking of trading in my PS3 but I don't wanna lose blueray and also NCAA doesn't existon the Wii U for some reason. It's a catch 22 because that's the only game I play on PS3. Wut do?
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,436 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
October 1 2012 1:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I need to sell my Wii before it's worthless. I want the Wii U. It's backwards compatible with Wii games, correct?
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
October 1 2012 5:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
It's a completely new system. go watch some videos.
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
October 2 2012 12:52 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
srsly want advice on if i should trade my ps3 toward this. it's $150 in credit, plus whatever i'd get for NCAA 13, like i said though i don't wanna lose the ability to watch dvd or bluray cuz i don't own a stand alone player otherwise.

wut do?
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,436 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
October 2 2012 2:19 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I wouldn't do it until Zelda comes out, honestly (if you're into that). I'm sure the price on Wii U will drop significantly in 6-12 months and all those games will still be there. Mario will be cool but nothing new. The zombie game I'm sure isn't as good as whatever zombie games exist on ps3 already.

Of course, this is coming from a guy who doesn't know much about video games. I stand by Nintendo and have owned every one of their systems since NES. But I am not so dedicated that I need it the day it's released.

My personal plan is to buy this next spring/summer when it's cheaper and the new Mario Kart and maybe Zelda is out.
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
October 10 2012 6:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
plz people give me more advice

not sure what to do here
JustCan'tHateEnough
Some kind of hate
1,180 Posts
41/M/TX

offline  mobile reply   (13)
October 10 2012 6:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
How often do you watch movies? I personally love my ps3 so I would never trade it. I'm not a big Wii fan. Keeping it for 1 game seems crazy if you're gonna play the Wii all the time, but not having a DVD player would suck I think.
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
October 11 2012 6:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah thats it - the only blurays i own are the ones in the star wars boxset, but obviously it'd be dumb to own them and not be able to watch them.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,860 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
October 11 2012 6:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Justin. .

yeaaaah nintendo unfortunately has never really grown up. They develop interesting stuff but my last system was the Gamecube and I wasnt so impressed. Had no intrest in the Wii either. right now im debating between the WiiU and PS Vita. Probably gonna go with the Vita bc its portable, can cross formats and the games for the most part are not childish. The WiiU looks really cool though. Ill probably get it for my girl at Xmas.

I would not get rid of my PS3 if I were getting a WiiU. I don't even play my PS3 that much but I keep it bc it's a nice system to have for other purposes. I think XBOX is the best for games but as a total system there no comparison to the PS3.

This is all gonna come down to what kind of games do you like to play. It's always been that way for Nintendo and other systems.

lol @ talking shit on nintendo when the last thing you played was gamecube.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,775 Posts
42/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
October 12 2012 8:16 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
How hard is this fucking thing going to be to get? Want to get it for my boy for christmas (also me)

I hope not as bad as the Wii
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,775 Posts
42/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
October 12 2012 8:18 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
October 12 2012 9:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Yeah Gamestop where you live might still be doing them, but even if they aren't you can be put onto a wait list where they just call you when they get one for you, one that they keep back for you and don't put out on the floor.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,775 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
December 5 2012 12:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
walked into Toy's R Us and they had these....giving it to my kids as a "family" gift for Christmas.

Question....do the old Wii controllers work with this or do I have to buy specific ones for the Wii U?
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
30/M/WV

offline   (1)
December 8 2012 1:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
the wii u just uses normal wiimotes, but they have to be motion plus i guess. they have the new controller though the one that looks like a 360 controller, not the gamepad, too.

fuck i wish the people on here who got these things would come in here and talk about it. ssssshhhhhheeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
all threads All Threads ›› Wii U ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Wii U

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?