forum Politics and Society ›› When it comes to Israel, am I missing something? ›› new reply Post Reply
Dianana

8====D
65,377 Posts
34/F/PA

online   (8)
November 19 2012 9:55 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Why do they continue to have backing to do this shit they do?

Did anyone read that letter from Israel's former PM's son?

THE DESIRE to prevent harm to innocent civilians in Gaza will ultimately lead to harming the truly innocent: the residents of southern Israel. The residents of Gaza are not innocent, they elected Hamas. The Gazans aren’t hostages; they chose this freely, and must live with the consequences.

Kids can't vote, can they? And this wreaks of "these people are lesser than us."

We need to flatten entire neighborhoods in Gaza. Flatten all of Gaza. . . . There should be no electricity in Gaza, no gasoline or moving vehicles, nothing. Then they’d really call for a ceasefire. . . . Were this to happen, the images from Gaza might be unpleasant – but victory would be swift, and the lives of our soldiers and civilians spared.

A few kids were the first to die the other day, along with a bunch of other civilians. This clearly isn't enough for this guy.

There is no middle path here – either the Gazans and their infrastructure are made to pay the price, or we reoccupy the entire Gaza Strip. Otherwise there will be no decisive victory.

I know Palestinians were there first and Jews were basically relocated there after WWII. Do people forget or not know this?

Sometimes I'm afraid to say how f-ed up I find all of this because I feel like someone would call me an anti-Semite or something stupid like that. I try to read about this as much as I can because I just don't understand why any of this is ok. When I look at the number of deaths between these two groups, the Palestinian death toll is always waaaaay higher.
Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,099 Posts
51/M/NA

online   (1)
November 19 2012 10:07 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
The election was nothing compared to the shit this is stirring up on my Facebook account.

The whole goddamned thing is a mess with no winners.
yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
41/M/NJ

offline   (5)
November 19 2012 10:08 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
the problem is that Palestine is generally poor and that it's the extremists on their side that provoke the war-the problem is that Israel's response is to flatten whole neighborhoods. it's a perpetual cycle of extremists shoot RPG at Israel followed by Israeli bulldozers flattening whole neighborhood creating more extremists.

granted this problem wouldn't exist if the Palestinian extremists (generally HAMAS) were to negotiate as opposed to aggravating Israel, but at the same time it doesn't help that Israel makes no differentiation between the attackers from the civilians.
yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
41/M/NJ

offline   (5)
November 19 2012 10:16 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Hamas to the Palestinians is like the IRA to the Irish, fighting a war on behalf of a people who don't care anymore.
Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,099 Posts
51/M/NA

online   (1)
November 19 2012 10:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Without legal or covert international support, Hamas couldn't build shitty homemade rockets and Israel couldn't spend 10 million a day to block them and even more to knock down buildings in Gaza. It's all terribly complicated, but the interesting thing to me here is that Israel literally raised the current kerfluffle by killing a Hamas officer and trolling them on the internet.

I.
Dianana
8====D
65,377 Posts
34/F/PA

online   (8)
November 19 2012 10:25 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: yantastic

the problem is that Palestine is generally poor and that it's the extremists on their side that provoke the war-the problem is that Israel's response is to flatten whole neighborhoods. it's a perpetual cycle of extremists shoot RPG at Israel followed by Israeli bulldozers flattening whole neighborhood creating more extremists.

granted this problem wouldn't exist if the Palestinian extremists (generally HAMAS) were to negotiate as opposed to aggravating Israel, but at the same time it doesn't help that Israel makes no differentiation between the attackers from the civilians.

Oh, I'm not saying that Hamas is a-ok or that there's no fault on the Palestinian's (not the civilians) end. But it seems like Israel isn't into the talks of peace either.
yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
41/M/NJ

offline   (5)
November 19 2012 10:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Israel's stance can be summed up as, if you throw a rock at us, we will use bulldozers to wipe out all the homes on the block and then pave over them.
Dianana
8====D
65,377 Posts
34/F/PA

online   (8)
November 19 2012 10:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Pretty much, and I don't see how that makes them any better.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,142 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 19 2012 10:48 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

well how are they supposed to do that when they have their meetings in the same building civilians live?

also why does Israel build bomb shelters for their people but Hamas does not?

i just hope, as a country, we stay out of that bullshit.......fuck both sides
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,142 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 19 2012 10:49 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dianana

Pretty much, and I don't see how that makes them any better.

it does not make them better....they just have the means to do so....if Hamas had the means they would do the same
yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
41/M/NJ

offline   (5)
November 19 2012 10:52 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: sidney

well how are they supposed to do that when they have their meetings in the same building civilians live?

Israel's military is supplied by the United States so your wish for them to stay out isn't going to happen.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,142 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 19 2012 10:55 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

Originally posted by: sidney

Israel's military is supplied by the United States so your wish for them to stay out isn't going to happen.

yeah i know from that stand point we are involved.

I'm saying from like an out right backing of one side or the other....like the president stating

"Palestine = Bad"
"Israel = Good"
yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
41/M/NJ

offline   (5)
November 19 2012 11:01 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Israel is considered a U.S. ally.
LastOnePicked
in all my unglory
14,470 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (4)
November 19 2012 11:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Obviously, they shouldn't be launching rockets at israel...but to keep it in perspective, since 2001, rockets/mortar have killed 61 people. Don't get me wrong, 61's too many...but in the grand scheme of the conflict that's a pretty small number.
Dianana
8====D
65,377 Posts
34/F/PA

online   (8)
November 19 2012 11:28 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Here's a good idea, let's blow up that fucking hill they all fight over.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,142 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (1)
November 19 2012 11:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dianana

Here's a good idea, let's blow up that fucking hill they all fight over.

i'm religious myself but I like this idea
forum Politics and Society ›› When it comes to Israel, am I missing something? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: When it comes to Israel, am I missing something?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?