forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› wrestling is being removed from the Olympics ›› new reply Post Reply
RyanSchwenksville
Stoked,Pumped
11,858 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (8)
February 13 2013 9:51 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: John Barlow

Curling exists. That sums up my opinion in one sentence.

talking shit
talking shit
8,982 Posts
17/M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (4)
February 13 2013 10:18 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
This is stupid.Wrestling is a fixture in the olympics since the beginning.
brian.
new cocks
143,807 Posts
33/M/IL

offline   (9)
February 13 2013 10:38 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: ScrewFlanders

how about rhythmic gymnastics

that shit is fucking wild, throwing them ribbons around, dancing with the ball.
Shostakovich
do svidaniya
6,511 Posts
34/M/MD

offline     (6)
February 13 2013 10:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Captain Ahab

you tell alexander!

instead of noticing how intense this guy's face is, my eyes went straight to the butt
deadlift
sees air
15,543 Posts
64/M/NA

offline   (18)
February 13 2013 10:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
solid ass
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,324 Posts
34/M/PA

online   (1)
February 13 2013 1:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Completely ridiculous. Wrestling is an iconic Olympic sport, and practiced all over the world. I don't think there is one country in the entire world that doesn't have some form of wrestling.

BJJ would be cool for people that are into it, but nobody outside of that would ever want to watch it. It would also be fully dominated by one country. MMA would likely have the rules changed around a lot, and also end up being extremely boring to most people.
brian.
new cocks
143,807 Posts
33/M/IL

offline   (9)
February 13 2013 1:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
it was pointed out on some article that wrestling is the sole reason some countries are even in the olympics
WREN
Pulp Free
52,173 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (19)
February 13 2013 1:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: pahulkster

Completely ridiculous. Wrestling is an iconic Olympic sport, and practiced all over the world. I don't think there is one country in the entire world that doesn't have some form of wrestling.

BJJ would be cool for people that are into it, but nobody outside of that would ever want to watch it. It would also be fully dominated by one country. MMA would likely have the rules changed around a lot, and also end up being extremely boring to most people.

MMA would probably be limited to amateurs like boxing and would probably adapt the USKBA rules for amatuer mixed martial arts, which can be summed like this:

-8oz gloves
-shin guards
-no knees to face
-no head strikes to a grounded opponent
-3x3min rounds, except championship bouts
emofacial
NIGGA DICK
35,623 Posts
M/PA

offline   (2)
February 13 2013 1:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
blame coach S
Jason Voorheees
dogfood meatballs
6,446 Posts
39/M/NY

offline   (4)
February 13 2013 2:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

i've been reading conflicting reports about this, but the more credible publications are calling it a recommendation and not a final decision until it is ratified in september, and the ioc is already doing a bit of backpedaling as there is a ton of blowback from countries with strong wrestling programs, as well as, commendably, from figures in other combat sports including mma and judo.
click here for link click here for link click here for link

but yeah, pretty dumb if this goes through. let's see, we'll keep synchronized swimming, curling, water polo, and speed walking, and get rid of one of the dozen or so original events mentioned in homer and depicted in thousands of artifacts from when the diplomatic games were first conceived of almost 3,000 years ago.

they must have let some real pussies take over the ioc at some point; ice dancing was just the thin end of the wedge.

Davey.
Baby Cole
43,427 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (13)
February 13 2013 4:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Poetry used to be in the olympics. So did diving through barrels and standing long jump with dumbells in each hand.
Schnell used to get erections when he wrestled.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,324 Posts
34/M/PA

online   (1)
February 13 2013 4:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WREN

MMA would probably be limited to amateurs like boxing and would probably adapt the USKBA rules for amatuer mixed martial arts, which can be summed like this:

-8oz gloves
-shin guards
-no knees to face
-no head strikes to a grounded opponent
-3x3min rounds, except championship bouts

Yeah I'm not a big fan of amateur mma for those reasons. I don't even really understand the point of it other than protecting fighters from bad promoters.
blackeyes
100%
46,979 Posts
32/M/AK

offline   (3)
February 13 2013 4:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
curling is awesome, second best winter sport
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› wrestling is being removed from the Olympics ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: wrestling is being removed from the Olympics

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?