Originally posted by: WREN

Stupid sexy Brendan

the j is 4 jongler
woodrabbit1975
5,640 Posts
M/NA

offline   (2)
March 28 2014 11:17 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
,... this is kind of why i get mad. no songs... just friends, with a "reputation"... so if they write a mediocre piece of music... more people will listen than if i write a masterpiece (which i mean, im actually closing in on, each time i progress writing, its delving deeper into structure, dynamics, branching from a theme to create a textured world...) and not just me, others as well who aren't "friends".

But whatever ,it'll be cool music i bet. Interesting fact: A ton of Iron roughly costs $420.

So Iron Price is Weed Time.
Maryland Matt
still oh so ill
8,438 Posts
36/M/MD

offline     (6)
March 28 2014 11:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I write music that I like and I want to play. I don't worry about what everyone else thinks. I have no aspirations to do anything with this other than record a demo and play a few shows with my pals. I made this page for future use once we've recorded our songs... not some attempt to garner a buzz over who is in the band (by the way, none of us did anything particularly noteworthy... so what reputation are you referring to?).
the j is 4 jongler
woodrabbit1975
5,640 Posts
M/NA

offline   (2)
March 28 2014 11:40 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
there's nothing wrong with that. i just wonder why it has to have "ex members" even included, but im not going to make that a banter point. i dont even want to argue, its just frustrating when all i want to do is what you're doing and i have no one and have never really had anyone who will give me a chance to create. even though i think ive written upwards of like 500 songs since 2005.

but the thing you take away should not be that semi-sour statement; rather the fact that Iron Price is Weed Time.
the j is 4 jongler
woodrabbit1975
5,640 Posts
M/NA

offline   (2)
March 28 2014 11:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
When do you name a band and the ton price in reference to the name is 420$? Only now. Only today.
Maryland Matt
still oh so ill
8,438 Posts
36/M/MD

offline     (6)
March 28 2014 11:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I just didn't understand where you were coming from. The ex-members thing isn't needed. I just put it on there because I figured it would be relevant to people who might want to understand where we're all coming from. None of our previous bands carry any weight when it comes to promotion... so that was not my intention.

I honestly haven't listened to your music but would be more than willing to check it out. I listen to a plethora of styles... so I'm sure I'd find something I'd be jazzed on about it. PM me some links and I'll check it out later on.
the j is 4 jongler
woodrabbit1975
5,640 Posts
M/NA

offline   (2)
March 28 2014 11:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
also, i don't see any of what im going to describe in you... but this is why i have a strong negative attitude

you have artists; some make Madball's "Demonstrating My Style"... which is just basically, folk music. it carries no grand artistic birth right ... but its not that it should be disparaged or thrown away because it's simple. Then you have ... in a similar style, a work like Refused's Shape of Punk to Come... that takes the brunt of art and puts it on its shoulder and creates more. ... i.e. The Clash/Sex Pistol argument.

so the entire time ive been writing, i dont compare myself to anyone... but I know people have seen the creativity to create something of the second ilk... the one where its art that can go to depths folk influenced music won't. im really angry because when i came up here, if i came into play with people usually they called me pretentious or a fruit, soft or anything if i didn't want to play four chords at 120 BPM in a "traditional" pattern (which really only came about because people couldn't play complex picking rhythms)... and like I said, this isn't a shot at you, or Wren, or anyone here... this state, more so than anywhere, I see a lot of people doing it not to "play the music" but to get the scraps of notoriety the world is willing to give for being just another PA Hardcore band. It's almost digressive to music.... And I get shut out and have no one to work with when my demos... done by myself, with no direction, show more texture and depth than bands people love. So what could I do with even a bit of direction, or help and that plagues my mind. But then again, you're not those people... so sorry if i lumped you in.

but I actually would like to hear what you have written; Napalm Death was the first heavy band I heard and I absolutely love Unsane.
the j is 4 jongler
woodrabbit1975
5,640 Posts
M/NA

offline   (2)
March 28 2014 11:51 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I can't PM. And also, I am looking forward to hearing this because the bands you mention... those are the kind of art im talking about; where its more than just four notes played fast because it has a catchy sound to it.
Maryland Matt
still oh so ill
8,438 Posts
36/M/MD

offline     (6)
November 3 2014 7:55 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
After a long, long gestation period... we finally agreed to a first show. We'll be playing early on day 3 of the A389 11th Anniversary Bash at the Charm City Art Space in Baltimore, MD with Cleveland's In Cold Blood, Magrudergrind, Like Rats and more tba. More details will be announced this week.

Pollcat
afam / aasr 32°
23,562 Posts
40/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
November 3 2014 10:58 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I am ver happy Dennis is making music again
Maryland Matt
still oh so ill
8,438 Posts
36/M/MD

offline     (6)
February 4 2015 11:44 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

Saturday, February 28th

7pm - $7

Charm City Art Space
1731 Maryland Ave
Baltimore, MD

Timebomb
Detriment
Ten Ton Hammer
Queensway
Iron Price
Poured Out

Facebook event page

Demo coming in March.

More shows TBA soon.
Shostakovich
do svidaniya
6,566 Posts
35/M/MD

offline  mobile reply     (6)
February 5 2015 11:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
what the fuck is the above person even talking about?
forum Individual Band Discussion ›› IRON PRICE ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: IRON PRICE

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?