all threads All Threads ›› ditching cable/satellite ›› new reply Post Reply
chocolate juice

game over
11,692 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
July 1 2015 11:01 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I've grown tired of paying $140 per month for dish when all I watch is HBO and Showtime. However, my son does like the kids channels so I don't know what to do about keeping some programming for him to enjoy. Suggestions?
Dianana
8====D
66,505 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
July 1 2015 11:27 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
tell him to get a job
Dianana
8====D
66,505 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
July 1 2015 11:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
but seriously, i'm getting rid of cable next year when our contract is up. HBONow will be up and running and so will other premium channels that know cable is bullshit.

we have fire tv, apps through our blu ray and xbox1. eff paying for overpriced crap, no1curr about the church channel or the golf channel.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,560 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
July 1 2015 11:30 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Netflix has a Kids mode you can switch to that has a buttload of kids cartoons and shows on it.
chocolate juice
game over
11,692 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
July 1 2015 11:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dianana

tell him to get a job

lol irl

but seriously, i'm getting rid of cable next year when our contract is up. HBONow will be up and running and so will other premium channels that know cable is bullshit.

we have fire tv, apps through our blu ray and xbox1. eff paying for overpriced crap, no1curr about the church channel or the golf channel.

Are you able to get showtime on your fire TV?
Dianana
8====D
66,505 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
July 1 2015 11:49 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i've never even checked, to tell you the truth. i use it for spotify, netflix and hbogo for our bedroom tv (I ditched the second set top box because we rarely watch tv in the bedroom).
Lifetime74
Woooo!
27,833 Posts
44/M/PA

offline   (13)
July 1 2015 11:49 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Up in November and saying goodbye to 155 a month.
brian.
new cocks
146,094 Posts
35/M/IL

offline   (9)
July 1 2015 11:57 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
chocolate juice
game over
11,692 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
July 1 2015 12:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

i've never even checked, to tell you the truth. i use it for spotify, netflix and hbogo for our bedroom tv (I ditched the second set top box because we rarely watch tv in the bedroom).

My understanding is that I have to buy multiple devices to accommodate multiple TVs but only one subscription per app? I was reading that Showtime is apparently launching something similar to HBOnow this month so hopefully, that is the case. I really do enjoy Showtime's programming and would hate to not be able to watch them simply because I'm tired of paying for, like you said, the church channel and the like.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,560 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
July 1 2015 12:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: chocolate juice

My understanding is that I have to buy multiple devices to accommodate multiple TVs but only one subscription per app?

Yeah each TV needs its own stick, but Netflix and HBONow and the like can handle multiple simultaneous logins.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
July 1 2015 12:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I require Starz this fall simply for the Evil Dead show. After that, cable can go because of the apps.
chocolate juice
game over
11,692 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
July 1 2015 12:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dickscraper

Originally posted by: chocolate juice

My understanding is that I have to buy multiple devices to accommodate multiple TVs but only one subscription per app?

Yeah each TV needs its own stick, but Netflix and HBONow and the like can handle multiple simultaneous logins.

Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,560 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
July 1 2015 12:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I recommend the Amazon stick over the Chromecast if only because it comes with a remote control, which is easier for kids to use. Chromecast requires you to control it from your phone, tablet, or computer.
brian.
new cocks
146,094 Posts
35/M/IL

offline   (9)
July 1 2015 12:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
what kids did you ask about that?
chocolate juice
game over
11,692 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
July 1 2015 12:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
good to know.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,560 Posts
32/M/IL

offline   (11)
July 1 2015 12:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: brian.

what kids did you ask about that?

In general, I'd hand a kid a $4 plastic remote before I let him go hog wild with my iphone, but hey let's just keep following me around to nitpick shit I say.
all threads All Threads ›› ditching cable/satellite ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: ditching cable/satellite

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?