all threads All Threads ›› Wrensday (gayday) ›› new reply Post Reply
chocolate juice

game over
11,692 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
August 17 2016 8:33 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
my back hurts so badly I am thinking about walking in to traffic and ending my misery. whats up with you?
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,560 Posts
32/M/IL

offline  mobile reply   (11)
August 17 2016 8:34 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Heading to work.
the cat
numetal/juggalo
7,488 Posts
36/M/DC

offline   (5)
August 17 2016 8:51 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I wish I had one of these for meetings that should have been emails.

WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
August 17 2016 9:15 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
So the story with my coworker that killed himself keeps getting more and more wild. So he went on FMLA/disability last year and told his family and everyone in his neighborhood that he was being treated for PTSD due to him shooting a suspect on a case they flew him into New York for. In reality he was going to a rehab center for his addiction to pills. His wife called into speak with the Program Manager here the other day and at the end of the conversation she stated "it's like this whole thing was a giant lie. I have no idea who my husband was." She was trying to put the pieces together as to why my company didn't do anything for him with his PTSD when in fact he says he was doing and what we actually do are two different things. Also, she now has to try to account for the nights he "went to work on an investigation" when clearly he wasn't doing that. I feel bad for her because she'll probably never get the answers and in a few years will have to have a very awkward conversation with their daughter.
chocolate juice
game over
11,692 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
August 17 2016 9:18 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
tony plush
Anxiety Hangover
11,189 Posts
28/M/WI

offline  mobile reply     (5)
August 17 2016 9:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
getting ready to watch mother lithuania play australia

Pollcat
afam / aasr 32°
23,565 Posts
41/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
August 17 2016 9:33 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Wrens what time do you get home?
Dianana
8====D
66,505 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
August 17 2016 9:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WREN

So the story with my coworker that killed himself keeps getting more and more wild. So he went on FMLA/disability last year and told his family and everyone in his neighborhood that he was being treated for PTSD due to him shooting a suspect on a case they flew him into New York for. In reality he was going to a rehab center for his addiction to pills. His wife called into speak with the Program Manager here the other day and at the end of the conversation she stated "it's like this whole thing was a giant lie. I have no idea who my husband was." She was trying to put the pieces together as to why my company didn't do anything for him with his PTSD when in fact he says he was doing and what we actually do are two different things. Also, she now has to try to account for the nights he "went to work on an investigation" when clearly he wasn't doing that. I feel bad for her because she'll probably never get the answers and in a few years will have to have a very awkward conversation with their daughter.

I think liars are corny but this goes beyond lying. This is deceitful and utterly bizarre.
the jizzler
cum @ me
14,574 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (9)
August 17 2016 9:46 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
the cat
numetal/juggalo
7,488 Posts
36/M/DC

offline   (5)
August 17 2016 9:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
That's insane. As soon as I hear someone talking about addiction issues I pull a Micucci.
Jess.
wiener breath
38,777 Posts
33/F/PA

August 17 2016 10:06 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Plugging along. I'm once again faced with a big career decision (at my current company) and I don't know what to do. Time is passing by at lightning speed.
the cat
numetal/juggalo
7,488 Posts
36/M/DC

offline   (5)
August 17 2016 10:13 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
chocolate juice
game over
11,692 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
August 17 2016 10:19 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Jess.

Plugging along. I'm once again faced with a big career decision (at my current company) and I don't know what to do. Time is passing by at lightning speed.

does this involve a substantial increase in pay and less effort? If the answer is yes, do it. If the answer is no to either one of those questions, don't. I hate taking lateral moves for the sake of a title or even worse having more work to do with little to no pay change.
Jess.
wiener breath
38,777 Posts
33/F/PA

August 17 2016 10:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
It is a promotion. So increase in pay and better job by title (different department completely), yes. Less effort, no. I work hard in my current role, I would work hard in the new one. It would be competitive, so I'm certainly not guaranteed to get it if I apply, but there are external and internal things that are holding me back. Internal - I'm pretty independent in my current role. I get to make decisions that actually have an impact and shape the state of the business. idk that's pretty cool. Plus, I genuinely enjoy my job. The promotion is 100% the job I would want in the future, I just don't know if I'm done here, if that makes sense.
Dianana
8====D
66,505 Posts
36/F/PA

offline   (8)
August 17 2016 10:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
nike just do it
chocolate juice
game over
11,692 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (20)
August 17 2016 10:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Jess.

It is a promotion. So increase in pay and better job by title (different department completely), yes. Less effort, no. I work hard in my current role, I would work hard in the new one. It would be competitive, so I'm certainly not guaranteed to get it if I apply, but there are external and internal things that are holding me back. Internal - I'm pretty independent in my current role. I get to make decisions that actually have an impact and shape the state of the business. idk that's pretty cool. Plus, I genuinely enjoy my job. The promotion is 100% the job I would want in the future, I just don't know if I'm done here, if that makes sense.

makes perfect sense and if your instincts are telling you now is not the time, it isn't.
all threads All Threads ›› Wrensday (gayday) ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Wrensday (gayday)

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?