December 10 2016 10:08 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: brian.

smorgasgeorge
-
20,812 Posts
32/M/CA

offline     (9)
December 10 2016 10:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Have to go wrap some things up at work since I'll be headed to North Dakota on business, Sunday through Wednesday. Ugly Christmas sweater party tonight, so that should be fun.
Cumby
Time Husk
7,237 Posts
29/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (4)
December 10 2016 10:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
The pointy kitty took it
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,308 Posts
31/M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (13)
December 10 2016 10:52 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Everton are shite
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
209,811 Posts
37/M/PA

online     (23)
December 10 2016 11:28 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
what kind of topsy turvy world are we living in where conservatives are allowed to call liberals intolerant? this is a fairly new trend i've noticed since he got elected. they are now using our words against us, calling us intolerant and racist (against white people i guess?)

Cumby
Time Husk
7,237 Posts
29/M/PA

online   (4)
December 10 2016 11:52 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
maybe u r raciss
Kev_in
One falls off
1,547 Posts
36/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (6)
December 10 2016 11:54 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
My dad doesn't grasp the concept of the 3 newer Star Wars movies come before the original ones. Every time they're on Tv he asks me the same questions and I lol inside
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,308 Posts
31/M/NA

December 10 2016 12:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: cbrickhouse

what kind of topsy turvy world are we living in where conservatives are allowed to call liberals intolerant? this is a fairly new trend i've noticed since he got elected. they are now using our words against us, calling us intolerant and racist (against white people i guess?)

The thing is, battling fascism is inherently problematic, and by trying to silence ignorant people you become what you hate.
Racists and xenophobes detest those who are different to them and want to deny them the same rights that are granted to them. Because you hate racists you want to beat them up for being racist. You just became a fascist.
I have always hated anti-fascists for this very reason. A lot of the time people who talk about not letting racists and fascists march; demonstrate, or make speeches do so because they don't want impressionable people to hear their hate. The other reason used is to protect those who are hated. In doing either of these things you are elevating yourself above the general public.
The answer to combating stupidity is to leave it alone. Let them parade their nonsense and laugh at it. Until there is a direct threat to minorities or your government seriously starts to make racist statements leave them to it.
Free speech really is a great thing and disgusting idiots should have it too. They will destroy themselves with it.
Racer X
lost in the ether
1,521 Posts
90/M/NY

offline   (3)
December 10 2016 12:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
...or they get elected president & grab history by the pussy.
Bashar al-Asad
In sha'Allah
36,197 Posts
30/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (11)
December 10 2016 1:06 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
gay
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
209,811 Posts
37/M/PA

online     (23)
December 10 2016 1:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
but there will be direct threats to minorities, there already have been many incidents in this country and there will be more. that's why we need to organize against them now before it's too late. i'm not saying kick their dicks in for no reason, but wait until they start doing shit in front of us, then kick their dicks in.
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,308 Posts
31/M/NA

December 10 2016 2:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
There was a huge increase in hate crimes over here too after we voted to leave the EU. It doesnt mean that meeting their hate with violence is the answer though.
Xenophobia is only ever born out of fear, and cornering them will exacerbate things. Attacking fascists wont stop racism, it will increase it.
Also, minorities get blamed every time the economy is shit and there is nothing intelligent people can do about it. Donald trump is only a symptom.
I am drunk and boring myself.
forum General Crabbery ›› sadderday ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: sadderday

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band