forum General Crabbery ›› Monday moveday ›› new reply Post Reply
fuckin hell yeah!!

major dipshit
1,391 Posts
17/M/WA

offline   (3)
May 20 2019 6:44 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Double Mondays made me leave town but the double chocolate stout still in rotation. Suck balls niggers
xAJDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
42,050 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (5)
May 20 2019 8:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Series finales of the biggest show of the past 10 years aren't subject to spoiler restrictions.

I was ok with how Game of Thrones ended. I see a lot of internet people mad about it, but not many are able to explain what they wanted to happen or why they're mad, just that they are mad and it sucked. I've tried to think of how else it could have ended (and have still made sense in the context of the story they crafted) and can't do it. It was the kind of ending you'd expect from that genre. I'm not sure what people were looking for...everyone to die? Nobody to die?
Build the wall
Time Husk
340 Posts
60/N/A/AK

offline  mobile reply   (1)
May 20 2019 9:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
1.) How did anyone know Jon Snow killed Daenerys? Odd they didn't show anything related to him being accused or arrested. You just ask "Where is Jon Snow?" and then the episode continues on like we all knew he was jailed. Actually, how did anyone know Daenerys was dead? Didn't the dragon just fly away with her corpse?

2.) What was the point of ever revealing at all Jon Snow had Targaryen blood and was the rightful king? A few times it was stated Daenerys would see him as a threat but ultimately nothing happened with this after it was focused on multiple times in the series. When they went to pick a new king, no mention of this?

3.) Why would Jon Snow go with the Wildings? When the North split into their own Kingdom, I wouldn't think the laws or judgements of Westeros would apply any longer to the North. Why wouldn't Jon just go back to Winterfell? He had to travel through the North to get to Blackwater.

4.) Why didn't Arya take the face of Danaerys, fuck Jon Snow, make him jizz in her, pull back her face to reveal it was his sister and then shout "Gotcha Bro lol!"
xAJDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
42,050 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (5)
May 20 2019 9:52 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Klapton

1.) How did anyone know Jon Snow killed Daenerys? Odd they didn't show anything related to him being accused or arrested. You just ask "Where is Jon Snow?" and then the episode continues on like we all knew he was jailed. Actually, how did anyone know Daenerys was dead? Didn't the dragon just fly away with her corpse?

Yeah, this was an odd creative choice to do a time leap and not explain how they got to that point. Who did John surrender to? Davos? I doubt if he strolled up to the Unsullied and told them that he had just killed the queen, they would have been like "oh, ok, lets get you some handcuffs, we'll sort this out in a few weeks"

2.) What was the point of ever revealing at all Jon Snow had Targaryen blood and was the rightful king? A few times it was stated Daenerys would see him as a threat but ultimately nothing happened with this after it was focused on multiple times in the series. When they went to pick a new king, no mention of this?

I think this was just a way to shed doubt on Dany's legitimacy and also add another reason for her to go full Mad Queen. John made it clear that he didn't want the crown, so I don't think he would have taken it even if the conclave said so. Also, I think after the destruction of Kings Landing, trying to prop up another monarch on the grounds of "Well hes a Targaryen, but totally not one of the crazy ones, we swear this time...despite the track record of bloodshed and craziness at the hands of other Targaryens".

3.) Why would Jon Snow go with the Wildings? When the North split into their own Kingdom, I wouldn't think the laws or judgements of Westeros would apply any longer to the North. Why wouldn't Jon just go back to Winterfell? He had to travel through the North to get to Blackwater.

I think this was more of a thing where John was just doing the right thing...he was sent back to the wall with the unspoken understanding that he wasn't going back to the wall, but back to the freefolk, where he could be nobody. He didn't want fame, he didn't want power, so thats the best place for him. Winterfell would have been a rough spot...he was the King in the North, it would be a little uncomfortable to go back there and have to bow to Sansa and for her to have the peoples first choice lurking around in the shadows all the time.

But those are just my theories. IT wasn't the best season of GOT by far, but like I said, I can't think of another way to wrap it up that would have made any sense.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,766 Posts
42/M/PA

offline   (1)
May 20 2019 9:54 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I wasn't disappointed that much last night because the whole season has been a disappointment.....again, like most people have said, it was totally rushed......you could tell....needed another whole season or so.
Build the wall
Time Husk
340 Posts
60/N/A/AK

offline  mobile reply   (1)
May 20 2019 10:02 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Who the fuck is Azor Ahai? What about the Drowned God and Lord of light? How was the wall at Castle Black intact after the dead dragon had recently destroyed it? Why was there a water bottle in this episode under Sam's chair? Whom was the Night King? Whom was the girl with Green eyes?
xAJDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
42,050 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (5)
May 20 2019 10:16 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Klapton

Who the fuck is Azor Ahai? What about the Drowned God and Lord of light? How was the wall at Castle Black intact after the dead dragon had recently destroyed it? Why was there a water bottle in this episode under Sam's chair? Whom was the Night King? Whom was the girl with Green eyes?

I'm not sure if Azor Ahai is ever explicitly mentioned in the show. Theres references to aspects of the prophecy, but its not ever stated outright as far as I know.

Not sure there is a drowned God, its just something the Iron Isles folk believe in...I'm not sure you ever see anything in the show that points to him existing.

The Lord of Light is real, but I never found myself asking who he is...hes god, his purpose is to bring light and to stop the dark, his purpose was realized and its kind of back into the shadows. I'd be interested to hear more about it, but I don't htink not knowing about it was detrimental to the show.

The Castle Black thing seems like a weird oversight, not sure what were supposed to think there. Is the wall somewhat self healing...cause if not, thats a major gaffe.

The Waterbottle thing is just funny to me. Shit like that happens all the time..go to the Goofs section of just about any movie on IMDB and you'll find something like that.

I thougth they did explain the night King? Or at least the origin of the night king, maybe not explicitly who he was, but definitely where he came from (made by the children of the forest). The books get into it, but ultimately it doesn't really add anything to the story in regards to who he actually is (and its not necessarily even the same Nights King from the show). The origin/creation is more important in the grand scheme of things, and the show did get into that.

I don't even remember the green eye thing, so my bad.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
27,410 Posts
31/M/IL

offline  mobile reply   (11)
May 20 2019 10:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Game of Thrones went from being clearly one of the best shows ever created to "actually I think the ending was okay". Pass.

I'm going to the Cubs/Phillies game tonight.
xAJDELAWAREx
Oh this site?
42,050 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (5)
May 20 2019 10:59 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I went to the Phils/Rockies game yesterday. Home run balls were flying. Great day for a game.
Wiseacre
Time Husk
2,889 Posts
32/F/PA

offline  mobile reply   (3)
May 20 2019 11:02 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
The girl who freaked out last week ended this week with “if you didn’t like how the show ended then you’re obviously not a super fan like meeeeee ps I totally read these spoilers weeks ago”

Lol. Okay.

I had to unfollow her. She’s the worst.
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
38,965 Posts
62/M/NA

online  mobile reply   (23)
May 20 2019 11:02 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I binge watched the inside of my eyelids last night.
Kev_in
One falls off
4,292 Posts
38/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (6)
May 20 2019 12:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Here’s a photo of a snake I took yesterday.

I’d talk about my gripes with this season of got but whatever, it’s just a tv show. I let myself get way too wrapped up in it and that’s my fault.

fuckin hell yeah!!
major dipshit
1,391 Posts
17/M/WA

offline   (3)
May 20 2019 1:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Game of groans
Lifetime74
Woooo!
27,818 Posts
44/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (13)
May 20 2019 2:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I thought the ending was fine. Easy to see the holes in this season, but it is now over.
fuzzy navel princess
126 ballaette
12,483 Posts
35/F/NA

online  mobile reply   (3)
May 20 2019 2:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm leaving the land schnell
fuzzy navel princess
126 ballaette
12,483 Posts
35/F/NA

online  mobile reply   (3)