digital cameras 10 replies, 2819 views

ericpinhat
2/14/2008 4:56:00 PM
whats a decent brand to go with, or more importantly, what should i stay away from?

looking to spend like 100-150. just something so my band can start getting more pics of our shows.
Ace of Spades
2/14/2008 5:14:00 PM
get a cannon powershot. really decent semi-cheap.
Program Files
2/14/2008 5:22:00 PM
Originally posted by: Dan_Pancoast

Originally posted by: Miss Stutter

get a cannon powershot. really decent semi-cheap.

+1


usually original camera companies have better lenses so they have better image.

brand like: Nikon, Canon and Olympus.

At least that's what I heard. My Canon is beast and cost only like 250ish a year ago.. (5.0 megapixels and 4x zoom)

*Edit* oh yea and it can make decent video too.
Ace of Spades
2/14/2008 5:27:00 PM
Originally posted by:Andrei Markov

Originally posted by: Dan_Pancoast

Originally posted by: Miss Stutter

get a cannon powershot. really decent semi-cheap.

+1


usually original camera companies have better lenses so they have better image.

brand like: Nikon, Canon and Olympus.

At least that's what I heard. My Canon is beast and cost only like 250ish a year ago.. (5.0 megapixels and 4x zoom)

*Edit* oh yea and it can make decent video too.


when i bought mine, i compared it with similar products in the same price bracket for a few weeks. the nikon and canon both got great reviews but the cannon seemed to have less querks than the nikon. both good cameras though. i probably paid around $220 for mine a few years ago. try sites like amazon. you can find them cheaper.. or buy a slightly older model.
xAJDELAWAREx
2/14/2008 5:32:00 PM
When it comes to point and shoots, you reall can't go wrong, as long as you stick with a major brand name like nikon, sony, canon, etc.
ericpinhat
2/14/2008 5:53:00 PM
thanks.
Otzi
2/14/2008 8:12:00 PM
If you ever play around harrisburg, williamsport or anywhere in central pa really let me know and I'll come take some pictures.
acabamento
2/14/2008 8:29:00 PM
I support all the Canon love.

Also, invest in good rechargable batteries.
xAJDELAWAREx
2/14/2008 8:59:00 PM
Originally posted by: Tristan570

If you ever play around harrisburg, williamsport or anywhere in central pa really let me know and I'll come take some pictures.

Same for anywhere philly/delaware/s. nj.
+CP+Dystopia
2/14/2008 9:15:00 PM
olympus but i dont know if that falls within your money range.

anyone know any good underwater cameras?
xAJDELAWAREx
2/14/2008 9:22:00 PM
Originally posted by: +CP+Dystopia

olympus but i dont know if that falls within your money range.

anyone know any good underwater cameras?

No such thing.
An underwater setup will cost you thousands, unless you jsut want a shitty point and shoot and an underwater casing.