pahc help me: where in the hell can i find 32 replies, 16961 views

Ace of Spades
8/26/2010 9:26:00 AM
pumpkin pie filling in august? i can't say i've ever looked for it earlier than fall but i've been at 6 different stores... redners, giant, weis, and 3 smaller grocery stores and no one has it. i realize it's seasonal, but there's gotta be somewhere to get it. anyone have any leads?
i'm supposed to make 6 pumpkin rolls for this weekend


Gisty
8/26/2010 9:32:00 AM
That's weird because I just purchased filling at giant in bethlehem 2 days ago. Yeahi would have thought most giant stores have this.
Ace of Spades
8/26/2010 9:33:00 AM
Originally posted by: One Last Enemy

That's weird because I just purchased filling at giant in bethlehem 2 days ago. Yeahi would have thought most giant stores have this.


nope. i was there last night (the one at lehigh shopping center) and the shelves were empty. what one were you at?
Captain Ahab
8/26/2010 9:33:00 AM
are there any specialty food stores around you could check? if not, id imagine your best bet would be a locally owned grocery store. . . .
Gisty
8/26/2010 9:37:00 AM
The location off of 191 next to wal mart. I would try giving a wegmans store a call if you are near any of those.
Ace of Spades
8/26/2010 9:37:00 AM
Originally posted by: Captain Ahab

are there any specialty food stores around you could check? if not, id imagine your best bet would be a locally owned grocery store. . . .


i did try a couple smaller grocery stores and they had a space for it, but it was empty.

i wonder if wegmans has it. they usually have everything. it's a little out of the way, but if i have to...
Ace of Spades
8/26/2010 9:39:00 AM
Originally posted by: One Last Enemy

The location off of 191 next to wal mart. I would try giving a wegmans store a call if you are near any of those.


damnit, and i was just out there the other day. i'll try calling both before i go all the way out there. thanks.
viva hate
8/26/2010 9:41:00 AM
I swear I've made pumpkin pie all year round. I can't believe you didn't find it in the baking aisle.
Lifetime74
8/26/2010 9:41:00 AM
Check the grocery stores online stores and it may ship from a different state maybe?
Ace of Spades
8/26/2010 9:44:00 AM
Originally posted by: Lifetime74

Check the grocery stores online stores and it may ship from a different state maybe?


i gotta make the pumpkin rolls for saturday, or i would
Gisty
8/26/2010 9:44:00 AM
They only had a couple cans so that would be a good idea to call first. There is a wegmans on 248 that may have it also. Good luck
Ace of Spades
8/26/2010 9:45:00 AM
Originally posted by: viva hate

I swear I've made pumpkin pie all year round. I can't believe you didn't find it in the baking aisle.


i heard last year because of shitty season there was a shortage of it, which may have a part in it, or why it's not out at all major stores yet. the guy at redners said they aren't getting it until september.
Lifetime74
8/26/2010 9:47:00 AM
Originally posted by: Ace of Spades

Originally posted by: Lifetime74

Check the grocery stores online stores and it may ship from a different state maybe?


i gotta make the pumpkin rolls for saturday, or i would


Oops my bad you stated that in the first post...DERP
cbrickhouse
8/26/2010 9:47:00 AM
if you can find a pumpkin, buy one and take a crack at making your own. not sure why you wouldn't be able to find the filling any time though
Ace of Spades
8/26/2010 9:49:00 AM
Originally posted by: cbrickhouse

if you can find a pumpkin, buy one and take a crack at making your own. not sure why you wouldn't be able to find the filling any time though


i thought about that, but it sounds like such a pain in the ass. i'll probably just do without if it comes to it, or make chocolate roll instead.
Ace of Spades
8/26/2010 9:49:00 AM
is anyone else getting emails when their thread gets replies? i am, and it's not set that way in my settings.
kidcandy
8/26/2010 9:53:00 AM
wegmans has it.
Ace of Spades
8/26/2010 9:57:00 AM
Originally posted by: cocktail

wegmans has it.


going to call the one on 191 after work. i can picture it now, me and some old lady with a cane fighting it out over the last can of pumpkin.
Captain Ahab
8/26/2010 9:59:00 AM
Originally posted by: Ace of Spades

is anyone else getting emails when their thread gets replies? i am, and it's not set that way in my settings.

yeah you get them when people reply from their phones. . . . .
Ace of Spades
8/26/2010 10:00:00 AM
Originally posted by: Captain Ahab

Originally posted by: Ace of Spades

is anyone else getting emails when their thread gets replies? i am, and it's not set that way in my settings.

yeah you get them when people reply from their phones. . . . .


ah-hah.
Walktheblock
8/26/2010 10:00:00 AM
Pumpkin filling is totally worth beating up an old lady for it. Good pumpkin pie can't be beat.
kidcandy
8/26/2010 10:00:00 AM
my dad gives pumpkin fillin to his show dogs (for belly and coat).. and i know a few other things you can use it in. i don't see having that hard of a time finding it. but also try walmart i get it there sometimes.
cbrickhouse
8/26/2010 10:01:00 AM
Originally posted by: Ace of Spades

Originally posted by: Captain Ahab

Originally posted by: Ace of Spades

is anyone else getting emails when their thread gets replies? i am, and it's not set that way in my settings.

yeah you get them when people reply from their phones. . . . .


ah-hah.

this will be fixed when the new mobile site is done
Ace of Spades
8/26/2010 10:02:00 AM
Originally posted by: Walktheblock

Pumpkin filling is totally worth beating up an old lady for it. Good pumpkin pie can't be beat.



i'm making pumpkin rolls though... which is still old lady beating worthy.

Ace of Spades
8/26/2010 10:03:00 AM
Originally posted by: cocktail

i don't see having that hard of a time finding it.


it's only because i waited till the last minute.
Dianana
8/26/2010 10:14:00 AM
PUMPKIN FUCKING ROLLS